Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Misalignment between the present versions.

Options
Nunzio77
Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
edited May 3 in Install & Updates

Hi,
in the application management in the control panel there is always a misalignment between the installed version and the one indicated in the application management.

Fix the bug.
Thank you. 😉

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed
    OS Build 19045.4355
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0

Control Panel: Bitdefender Agent version 27.0.1.266

Control Panel: Bitdefender Total Security version 27.0.25.115

Bitdefender About: Bitdefender Total Security version 27.0.35.147

Three different versions.

@camarie @Alexandru_BD Any explanation for this unusual situation? Thanks.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

To add to this, it is also true for Windows Defender to show differences in the build number. Kindly have a look at the link provided below.

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/338472

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    edited May 7
    Options

Bitdefender Agent and Bitdefender Total Security (or whatever other variation of the product is installed) are separate things, so the version difference is normal.

About the difference between Control Panel and About version: Control Panel writes the version at installation. After updates this version increases to whatever update version is at a time, while the version recorded at install time remains the same. The version can be updated in registry to reflect the updated version, but I am not sure at this time this is good practice for a number of reasons (without entering in too much details, Windows maintain a catalogue of the installed programs, gets informations and make internal signatures about them etc. so changing this information might not be 100% correct - but I might be wrong at this time and this indeed could be a recommended operation).

I will propose anwyays that after an update that changes version to align the Control Panel displayed version to the About… updated version, to eliminate this possible confusion.

Edit: I have created an issue regarding this in our system. I am not sure when this will be done (other guys are in charge of update/setup), but if there is no argument against this, it will.