Parental Control Issue With Bitdefender 11

Hi

For some reason, my Computer (Windows 7 64bit) wont access certain websites, such as the Digital Spy Forums and the iTunes store because of Bitdefender's Parental Control settings, and i dont even have parental control turned on and have never needed it.

It says the following:

" This webpage has been blocked by BitDefender Parental Control!

The web page has been blocked by the user control heuristic web filter.

Changing the parental control settings for the current user will enabled you to access this page.

If your an administrator on this system, you can change the parental control settings from the bitdefender parental control module."

If i restart my computer it will be fine for a few hours and then it will start having this problem again,

Thanks for any help

Mikey

Comments

• Hi Mikey86uk,

In order to fix the encountered situation, please open BitDefender, click Options in the upper-right corner of the window and choose Expert View. Go to the Parental Control module, enable it and then click on 'Settings'. Turn OFF the Web Control, click on Close and then disable again the Parental Control. Check if you can access the webpage you need.

Thank you!

• Hi

For some reason, my Computer (Windows 7 64bit) wont access certain websites, such as the Digital Spy Forums and the iTunes store because of Bitdefender's Parental Control settings, and i dont even have parental control turned on and have never needed it.

It says the following:

" This webpage has been blocked by BitDefender Parental Control!

The web page has been blocked by the user control heuristic web filter.

Changing the parental control settings for the current user will enabled you to access this page.

If your an administrator on this system, you can change the parental control settings from the bitdefender parental control module."

If i restart my computer it will be fine for a few hours and then it will start having this problem again,

Thanks for any help

Mikey

@Mikey: by any chance do you have an xbox linked to the computer as a media extender? If so we are haveing the same problem and are discussing on the following thread http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=22947 . Still no solution!

• Hi

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=213&id=42

Thank you.

• firionicable
    edited March 2012

For all I know, BD has a feature where you can list all the sites you want to be blocked temporarily. You can simply remove the sites that you mostly visit and keep the sites you think it shouldn't be visited especially by your kids.good.gif