Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Perform A Deep System Scan

Options

Anytime I perform a Deep System Scan (and most of the time I perform a Full System Scan),

I encounter the error attached. Then I have to abort the scan.

My product is BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011.

Best regards,

Jakob Bjerre Jensen

Denmark

post-36746-1297711720_thumb.jpg

Comments

• We need some more information about your system:

-What OS, WinXP, Vista, Win7? 32-bit or 64-bit?

-Which BD product, Antivirus, Internet Security, Total Security?

-What type/speed processor (CPU)?

-how much memory (RAM)?

Are any other security programs installed - antivirus, firewall, antimalware, etc.?

Regards,

• I am running Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 2) 32-bit operating system on a 64-bit architecture.

The computer is a HP laptop.

The product is BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 version 14.0.24.337 registered to jakob.bjerre.jensen@gmail.com.

The CPU is Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7700 2.40 GHz with 2 GB RAM.

With the computer a version of Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation) was (and still is) installed. The

subscription is expired long ago.

Further the built-in Windows Firewall is enabled. Windows Defender is also running.

Finally UAC is disabled.

I hope, you are able to help me.

Best regards,

Jakob Bjerre Jensen

• Norton must be completely uninstalled,not disabled or expired.You have conflicting drivers.

Here you have the Norton removal tool:

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_...emoval_Tool.exe

Please post whether the situation persists after running the above tool.

• Hello,

After you uninstall Norton and restart the PC please perform the following steps:

- make sure you disable Windows Defender: it is NOT recommended to have it enabled while using a complex security solution that provides a real time protection such as BitDefender;

- restart the PC after you disable Windows Defender from Windows Control Panel;

- follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• I have the same problem! After starting a deep scan I get the same message that BD IS 2011 has encountered an error and has to abort. That has happened a couple of times. It seems to happen shortly after DOWNLOADER has requested to do a down load. There are no obvious logs to reference. It would seem if the downloader is installing updates while the scan is running and changes come process compoent that it might cause a problem. I would hope the downloader is smart enough not to install while a scan is in process.

• Hi Bill,

Be kindly informed that you have the option 'Do not update if scan is in progress' under the Update tab within BitDefender Security Center in Expert View.

Also please check to see if you have the option to scan your computer when idle. If two scans will start then you will encounter the issue you reported.

Open BitDefender Security Center, switch it to Expert View from the Options button then go to the Antivirus tab -> . There uncheck the box 'Run task Deep System Scan when system is idle for 30 minutes'.

Please let me know if the issue still occur so we can further investigate.

Regards,