Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

1.5 Gig Of Memory

Options

I have 1gig ram on my XP PC. I find out today that Internet Secuity requires min of 1.5 gig. This is more the Win 7 or XP.

The PC literally slowed down zero & only a reboot would get the PC back.

Contacted BD 'Chat' which was as much help as a waste of time, they even severed our connection when they could not come up with an answer, except buy more RAM (To run a AV program) What has BD succumbed into.

Comments

• Hello,

Please post your PC details in here: processor, RAM, Operating System and I will guide you in installing the best BitDefender product for your PC.

Regards,

• Hello,

Please post your PC details in here: processor, RAM, Operating System and I will guide you in installing the best BitDefender product for your PC.

Regards,

Intel 4 M CPU 2000Mhz, 1 gig Ram XP Pro SP3.

How? Will 'guiding me in installing the best BitDefender product for my PC.' Overcome the problem with it not working in the first place on 1 ig of RAM.

I have done a clean install, after usuing BD removal tool.

Or is there a secret way that by your guidance overcomes this problem.

I will also say now that I am NOT buying additional RAM nor intend to purchase other BD products that do not work correctly.

I await your secret formulae with interest?

• I am still waiting your secret formulae to install this product, or is this yet ANOTHER BD SUPPORT EXCUSE OF I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER

• Again you are ironic and keep patronizing me. When I said that I will guide you in installing the best BitDefender product I was referring to the fact that some of the users are totally ignoring the system requirements when choosing to install one of our products.

Furthermore I would kindly ask you not to use capital letters as it is considered offensive. There is no "secret formula" to install BitDefender.

Considering your PC details and the fact that it only meets the minimum system requirements for the 2011 products, as already recommended you in other topics, I recommend you again to install and use the 2010 version.

The reason why the system requirements are mentioned whenever you install a security solution is to avoid as much as possible any slowdown or crashes that may occur with the PC. Having the minimum system requirements and using the 2011 version along with several other software running on the PC, I find it normal to encounter the slowdown you mention.

• How can one know WHAT you are referring to if you do not fully explain what you mean about what some users may or may not do.

I am amazed that you are under some form of chimera that you can proclaim to anyone of how to write any observation & in what form they chose to accentuate a veracity.

If you find it odious then I suggest that you become more tolerant of other peoples approach to emphasize their point of view.

BD may accept that it is normal for a PC to slow DOWN TO ZERO with no other programs running, I am sure that many of BD's clientle' would not agree with your futile justification.

I take it that BD has NO method of correcting their 3rd rate IS 2011 product, other than go back to 2010. This speaks volumes of how PITIABLE the program is & the support given.

Refunds & apologizes should be forthcoming from BD in the immediate future.

• Unknown
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hello,

No refund will be allowed for a person using a slow PC and the latest BitDefender version when that PC does not meet the system requirements.

I suggest that you become more tolerant of other peoples approach to emphasize their point of view.

There is a single point of view on this matter: you are using a slow and older PC, a PC that should have on it installed the 2009 or 2010 version.

BD may accept that it is normal for a PC to slow DOWN TO ZERO with no other programs running, I am sure that many of BD's clientle' would not agree with your futile justification.

- the other users in the same situation as you are (using an older PC and the latest version of BitDefender) have understood the purpose of the System requirements. Those requirements were calculated and every detail was taken into consideration, we can not change them simply for the fact that you do not wish to download an older version or to add more RAM to your PC.

I do agree that some users may encounter a slowdown due to a possible issue or bug on BitDefender's end however this is not your case.

Last but not least, you should have written the same amount of RAM on both the title and in the topic as it may misguide others.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.