[resolved]Home Network Automatically Disables

I have just installed BD on three computers and so I set up a home network. Everything was fine. A day later I go into the settings of my "Server" and click on home network and it has disabled everything I did! No-one else has done it because I have a password protected everything in BD. I will manually add my other two PCs back in to this list but I hope this doesnt keep on happening.

David

Comments

• I have just installed BD on three computers and so I set up a home network. Everything was fine. A day later I go into the settings of my "Server" and click on home network and it has disabled everything I did! No-one else has done it because I have a password protected everything in BD. I will manually add my other two PCs back in to this list but I hope this doesnt keep on happening.

David

The problem is now worse. When I try to add a computer that was one the original list it says it is part of another home network and I cannot add it!!!!!

When I go to the computer I was trying to add and look at the home network settings, it says it is being managed by another machine - which of course was me until BD automatically disabled it. Im stuck.....I will have to raise a support ticket....

• Hello,

I took ownership of the ticket you started with us (ID: 201103171004336). Please check your email for further instructions. Send me the generated log files so we can start troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

• Thanks Dany - The email doesnt say anything about generated log files. But I did want one thing clarified - Is it true that you cannot successfully establish a home network with a mix of 64 and 32 bit Windows 7 machines? If so then this would be a major design flaw. Printer drivers can handle it, Itunes can handle it. The OSI model clearly states that apps should not care about lower layers.

• Hello,

I was able to add several PCs into the same Home Network regardless of their architecture however, there are two conditions to be taken into consideration, as follows:

- use the IP to add the regular PCs into the HomeNetwork module;

- use the same password on ALL PCS in that network (for both the PC set as Server and the others PC set as regular).

I have attached a screenshot of the HM module. I have tested it having both the x64 and x86 PC set as Server.

Try to add the PCs considering the facts above and let me know if you still encounter issues with the HM module.

Best regards,

post-20064-1300726821_thumb.jpg

• Thanks Dany,

I have set it up again and it appears to be working. If there is no problem with mixing 32 and 64 bit machines then you will have to change the following article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/792/

Cheers

David

• Hello,

I already escalated the request for the article to be changed and also to add the info I posted above when I finished conducting the tests.

Thank you for your concern and feel free to post any further suggestions or issues that you may have. As the issue is resolved, I will close this topic and the ticket you have open with me (ID: 201103171004336).

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.