Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 Slows Down My Browser Completely

Options

i've been using bitdefender for a little over a year, never had a issue till i upgraded the version i have is the 2011 internet security.

my issue is i cant seem to change websites without my p.c stalling an issue i have never ever faced in a year of owning it...its a very good alienware pc..ever since i got this new anti virus the performance has completely slowed down is there a reason for this? or would it be better to replace this software..

Comments

• i've been using bitdefender for a little over a year, never had a issue till i upgraded the version i have is the 2011 internet security.

my issue is i cant seem to change websites without my p.c stalling an issue i have never ever faced in a year of owning it...its a very good alienware pc..ever since i got this new anti virus the performance has completely slowed down is there a reason for this? or would it be better to replace this software..

specs etc,

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Alienware

System Model Aurora

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Alienware A04, 28/10/2009

SMBIOS Version 2.5

Time Zone GMT Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 5.99 GB

Available Physical Memory 4.05 GB

Total Virtual Memory 12.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 7.78 GB

Page File Space 5.99 GB

• uhm still havent got a response yet

• Is there any other security program installed (antivirus, firewall, anti-malware, etc.)?

Which web browser are you using?

Please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• sadisztik
    edited March 2011
    Options

done i'll keep eveyrone posted

• OK, thanks. :)

Typical BD tech support response time is 48-72 hours. Investigating the log files you submitted may take a little longer.

Regards,

• Hello,

I have received your PM however the log file you sent me is just the txt file. You need to send me the full log file. I have created a ticket on your behalf and sent instructions via email on how to correctly generate the log files. As soon as you have them reply to my email and attach the file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter.

How have you made the upgrade to the 2011 version ? Please reply with the steps you took to perform the upgrade.

Ticket ID: 201103171014244.

Looking forward to your answer!

• ok i've sent u all the necessary information via emails, also scanning seems to take a very long time starts off by saying its going to be 20 mins then turns into 16 hours? seems like a long time is that an error or does it really take that long?

• daz123
    Options
    ok i've sent u all the necessary information via emails, also scanning seems to take a very long time starts off by saying its going to be 20 mins then turns into 16 hours? seems like a long time is that an error or does it really take that long?

No it is not normal to experince that at all. I've had it with this software now and have had to buy some other solution because of how BitDefender fails to work how it should.

• Hi,

Have you received my reply via email sent on 03/24/2011 01:10:29 ? Please let me know if the issue is resolved after you removed Windows Family Safety.

daz123: warned +10% - posting offtopic. Post set to invisible.