Update Blocked By Nvidia Motherboard Firewall

I installed the latest BD AV 2011 and the update does not get through my firewall. The PC is running Win XP SP3, 2GB RAM. Motherboard is Nvidia with build-in firewall. The update works fine when I turn the firewall off, but does not work when the firewall is on. Can someone tell me how to configure the firewall so that the BD update can get through ? For an explanation of the firewall setting possibilities, I have the manual of the firewall in PDF format, but it is 6.7MB, so I can't add it here.

Before I had a BD AV 2008 and the PC was running Win XP SP2. There was no problem with the firewall.

Comments

• Hello,

Please upload the Firewall manual HERE. I will read it then provide you with a resolution.

Regards,

• Hello,

Please upload the Firewall manual HERE. I will read it then provide you with a resolution.

Regards,

It's uploaded: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jqvcog

Thx in advance !

Best regards,

Guy

• Hello,

Please try to set the Security Profile settings on predefined "Antihacking only" - is a profile setting that enables only the antihacking feature of the NVIDIA Firewall and is useful in a dual firewall configuration - for example if you use a third-party firewall product such as BitDefender.

Let me know if the issue is resolved. If the issue persist please contact Nvidia Customer Care and ask them for detailed info on the Firewall drivers and files that you need to add an exception in a second security solution / firewall software.

Do you use the NVIDIA Ethernet interface ?

Regards,

• Hello,

I tried your suggestion, but still got the same result: no update possible. I have only the anti-virus part of Bitdefender, not the firewall and yes, I am using the Nvidia ethernet interface. It only seems to work when I switch off my Nvidia firewall. The strange thing is that before this version of Bitdefender, I used the 2008 version. That version did not have a problem with this firewall for the updates. Maybe you can figure out what changed ?

Regards,

Guy

• Hello,

If the issue persist please contact Nvidia Customer Care and ask them for detailed info on the Firewall drivers and system files that you need to add an exception for in a second security solution / firewall software.

Please reply to the question above with the requested information. Thank you.