Pchooklaunch64 Error With 14.0.28.351

firstfast
edited March 2011 in Parental control

I have received this error several times. Running win7 64. Build updated to 14.0.28.351 and still getting error. Also have a virus names Java Trojan.Downloader. Open Co and Bitdefender Total Security can't get rid of it. Also have the About.Blank hijacker and once again Bitdefender can't get rid of it or detect it. Please help to solve these issues.

Comments

• Hello Firstfast,

How do you know your PC is infected with the 2 mentioned viruses ? I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201103221010382.

Please check your email for further instructions.

Regards,

• Daniel,

I also have the same Application Error:

Running win7 64. Build updated to 14.0.28.351

What do I need to do to fix this please?

regards,

Brett.

• Hi Brett,

You forgot to mention what BitDefender product you are using :)

I've created a ticket on your behalf and sent instructions to your email address associated with the forum account. Follow the recommended steps and let me know if the issue is resolved. You can either reply here or via email.

Ticket ID: 201103301010749.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• firstfast
    edited March 2011
    Hello Firstfast,

How do you know your PC is infected with the 2 mentioned viruses ? I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201103221010382.

Please check your email for further instructions.

Regards,

Sent all the required info and still waiting for help. I have sent screen shots of the bitdefender notice that pops up telling what malware is present. About.blank hijacks my default webpage everytime the machine is restarted. That is a good hint there is an issue. I've called the call center three times asking for help. Your software says the company has to remove my trojan issue.. Also the Pchooklaunch64 error appears to be an issue for several users of this software, any fix coming soon?

• Still waiting for some help. Anyone here?

• Hello,

In regards of the malware issue you I have noticed that my colleague Cristian Raducu sent you an email earlier today requesting you the scan log so we can provide you with the appropriate resolution. You can find the email content below:

In order to provide you an accurate answer regarding the large amount of solved items please send us the scan log file ran on 03/23/2011. The BDSI log is under analysis and we will get back to you ASAP. Meanwhile we are waiting for the scan log from your part.

Also the info on how to retrieve the scan log are enclosed in the sent email. Send us the log files and you will have an answer in the shortest time possible.

Best regards,

• Hello,

In regards of the malware issue you I have noticed that my colleague Cristian Raducu sent you an email earlier today requesting you the scan log so we can provide you with the appropriate resolution. You can find the email content below:

Also the info on how to retrieve the scan log are enclosed in the sent email. Send us the log files and you will have an answer in the shortest time possible.

Best regards,

I got the email and sent screen shots of the error messages recieved while trying to get the logs. The problem looks like it has gone on far too long and the history exe is so large it is failing. Have 8 gig of ram and after 5 minutes the computer is out of memory and wants to shut down the bitdefender software. I have tried to get all the information asked for but if your software refuses to produce the required info then what can I do. Starting to lose valued customer here. Is this a lost cause?

• Hi

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=213&id=42

Thank you.

• You might have installed BD software late enough that your virus is already in your system. That might be a big case unless that virus is too common for this software to remove.good.gif