Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Need A Free Firewall That's Compatible W/ Bitdefender 2011 For Windows 7 X64

Options

Hello. on a Windows 7 x64 with BitDefender 2011. My problem is that not all firewalls are compatible with Windows 7 x64 and BtiDefender is not compatible with any firewall that does anything beyond just being a firewall. I love Zone Alarm but since it has anti-spyware features there are conflicts, same with Comodo, Online Armor, Agnitum Outpost doesn't support systems with x86 process architectures. Sygate doesn't work either.

I am unhappy with Windows Firewall because it lets too many things communicate w/out my permission.

Does anyone know of a free Firewall that doesn't conflict with Windows 7 x64 and BitDefender?

BTW - The conflict is that real time protection gets disabled. This also happens with any anti-malware with realtime protection. BitDefender is great for preventing viruses and there are few false positives but it seems to not like anything else being installed on my computer that aids in security. If anyone knows of a 2nd line of defense that is compatible too (like an anti-malware program) that would be very helpful too.

Thanks!

Comments

• HI

Have you just purchased the Bitdefender anti-virus, as the other Bitdefender products have excellent firewalls.

Madbeevs

• HI

Have you just purchased the Bitdefender anti-virus, as the other Bitdefender products have excellent firewalls.

Madbeevs

Yes, I just have BitDefender Anti-Virus 2011. It got better reviews than the BitDefender Security Suite so I picked that. Now I can't find a firewall that works with it and Windows 7 x64.

Prior to that I used one of the 4 top free AVs, Zone Alarm firewall and a free realtime anti-malware. Now I can't use any firewall except microsoft's or any anti-malware program. BitDefender is a great AV program but it's nice to have a 2nd line of protection with any AV.

• Unknown
    edited April 2011
    Options

Hello,

I do not recommend having more than a single security solution installed on the same PC IF those programs have real time protection modules or features. It is indeed nice and safer however using a 2nd line of defense / protection will also create certain issues if those software are not correctly configured. Also you must be certain that the two programs are compatible with each other.

Furthermore, you can request for your BitDefender Antivirus Pro license key to be changed so you can register BitDfender Internet Security or Total Security. We will take 2 months from the key period and provide you with a new key for the desired version of BitDefender. To make it clear please read below:

- BitDefender Antivirus --- > BitDefender Internet Security = your new license key will expire two(2) months earlier;

- BitDefender Antivirus --- > BitDefender Total Security = your new generated license key will expire four(4) months earlier;

I would recommend you using BitDefender Antivirus Pro and Windows Firewall. That should be more than enough to have a protected PC and a secure Internet connection. As a second layer of defense in terms of AntiMalware you can use SpyBot Search and Destroy or Malwarebytes WITHOUT having the following features enabled:

- for SpyBot: DO NOT enable TeaTimer (Windows Registry protection) ; simply use it to scan for possible threats;

- for Malwarebytes: you ONLY the free version, without the Real Time Protection module.

If you need any further details feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

• sm1
    Options

samizdat, you can try pctools firewall plus. But before that make a system restore point before installation. As Danydan said, it is ideal if you use bitdefender products that come with its own firewall to avoid possible conflicts :)

• ncds
    Options

Try online armor. Performance is great with Win 7 32. I haven't tried it with 64bit however

• rayl0627
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hello,

I do not recommend having more than a single security solution installed on the same PC IF those programs have real time protection modules or features. It is indeed nice and safer however using a 2nd line of defense / protection will also create certain issues if those software are not correctly configured. Also you must be certain that the two programs are compatible with each other.

Furthermore, you can request for your BitDefender Antivirus Pro license key to be changed so you can register BitDfender Internet Security or Total Security. We will take 2 months from the key period and provide you with a new key for the desired version of BitDefender. To make it clear please read below:

- BitDefender Antivirus --- > BitDefender Internet Security = your new license key will expire two(2) months earlier;

- BitDefender Antivirus --- > BitDefender Total Security = your new generated license key will expire four(4) months earlier;

I would recommend you using BitDefender Antivirus Pro and Windows Firewall. That should be more than enough to have a protected PC and a secure Internet connection. As a second layer of defense in terms of AntiMalware you can use SpyBot Search and Destroy or Malwarebytes WITHOUT having the following features enabled:

- for SpyBot: DO NOT enable TeaTimer (Windows Registry protection) ; simply use it to scan for possible threats;

- for Malwarebytes: you ONLY the free version, without the Real Time Protection module.

If you need any further details feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

Hi,

I am just wondering how I can do the above suggestion: request for your BitDefender Antivirus Pro license key to be changed so you can register BitDfender Internet Security by taking 2 months from the key period and provide with a new key for the specified version of BitDefender

indicated below:

- BitDefender Antivirus --- > BitDefender Internet Security = your new license key will expire two(2) months earlier

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.