[resolved]Windows Live Mail And Bit Defender Ts 2011

Hello,

Does Bit defender 2011 supports Windows live Mail?

I installed Windows Live Mail 2011 and when it is started there is NO Bit Defender options available.

Control of SPAM? etc....?

post-4774-1301503525_thumb.jpg

Comments

• nikki605
    edited March 2011

In a word - yes. I use Windows Live Mail (WLM) with BDAV 2011. BD is optioned by default to scan incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) email messages. If you are looking at the WLM screen expecting to see some kind of BD buttons or tools or folders, you won't see any. BD doesn't interface with WLM that way.

First, open BD and make sure the email scanning options are set the way you want them. Antivirus-->Shield-->Custom Level button and verify the Scan e-mail traffic options as shown in this screen shot:

post-35640-1301506590_thumb.jpg

You'll know it's working when you see this BD message box as it scans incoming messages:

post-35640-1301506949_thumb.jpg

BD will flag any email that it finds infected.

You don't see a BD message box when sending messages.

Hope this helps,

• Hello nikki605,

Thanks for the answer. And yes BD TS 2011 scans incoming mails. My setting are the same at yours in BD .

"If you are looking at the WLM screen expecting to see some kind of BD buttons or tools or folders, you won't see any. BD doesn't interface with WLM that way."

Why no BD ribbon and buttons in WLM? How to declare an email as SPAM? ....

Are plans available at BD team to improve the "integration" with WLM?

Thanks in advance.

• If you haven't already read it, I would recommend you read Section 18, starting on page 86 of the BDTS 2011 User's Guide which describes the Antispam options available to you.

Remember also, that WLM has it's own junk email filter under Safety Options.

Regards,

• OK I did red that section.

My question : will the SPAM feature of BD work with Windows Live Mail?

Is there a need to select the Antispam " Antispam is selected"? and will all the options in the window be active?

Thanks in advance

post-4774-1301806103_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

As the BitDefender Antispam is also compatible with Windows Live Mail I do suggest you keep the module Enabled. However note that the Antispam toolbar will NOT be displayed in WLM. You can flag an email as spam by using the Friends/Spammers list within BitDefender Antispam module.

will the SPAM feature of BD work with Windows Live Mail?

Yes, with the Antispam module enabled, all the options will also be enabled and the email traffic will be filtered. The only thing not available for WLM is the Antispam toolbar.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,