Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Free Upgrade

Options

Hi folks, this this my first post on this forum.

I use BitDefender Internet Security v10 and my licence expires in 2009. My PC runs on Windows XP SP2 and I keep it up-to-date at all times.

As a registered user, I presume I am entitled to a free upgrade on the 2008 products.

-What free upgrade am I entitled to (There are two different suites) ?

-How do I upgrade from what I have now ? (Can anyone provide the procedure for upgrading)

- Are the 2008 very buggy ? Are you recommending to upgrade ?

What I use now works like a charm and flawlessly. Would I gain much by upgrading ? What features do the 2008 suites have that I do not have right now.

Thanks to all those who will care to help.

Comments

• - there are 3 different suites AV, IS and Total Security. You are entitled to upgrade to IS.

- Uninstall old, install new.

- If everything is working fine at the moment, I dont see any reason to upgrade.

Read the features on the Bitdefender website to see differences etc.

• If you decide to upgrade to the new version, please keep in mind that you have to use the new uninstall tool for a clean removal. After that reboot and install the new product.

There new nifty features that could be useful in 2008 version. Besides of the engine there is a anti-phishing scanner, game mode, etc.

• What about bug fixes? I have had constant problems on two different systems since installing BitDefender v10. On both, IE7 hangs regularly then crashes with an error in sockspy.dll. BD suppport has been non-responsive over a three week period. EXTREMELY disappointed with both the product and support to this point. Will v2008 help?