Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Finish Deep System Scan

Options

I started a deep system scan last night, when I wake up, I found out that Bitdefender had frozen and the scan couldn't finish. I ran another deep system scan after that and this time the scan was completed but right after that, there was a pop-up window saying bitdefender services were not responding, I had to restart the computer so I couldn't see the scan report. Now I look at the dashboard and it say that the last completed system scan is a month ago. Could anybody tell me what's going on?

here's the log file created by the support tool HERE

45993721.th.png

27341848.th.png

Comments

• Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

2. Browse to:

- for windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\DTrace

- for Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\DTrace

3. Create a folder named: odscanui.log (include in the folder name the .log )

4. Start a DEEP system scan from Antivirus -> Virus Scan

5. Go back to the location from step 2 and send us the file(s) listed there. You can upload them as you did with the Support Tool file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Fida
    Options
    Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

2. Browse to:

- for windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\DTrace

- for Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\DTrace

3. Create a folder named: odscanui.log (include in the folder name the .log )

4. Start a DEEP system scan from Antivirus -> Virus Scan

5. Go back to the location from step 2 and send us the file(s) listed there. You can upload them as you did with the Support Tool file.

Looking forward to your answer!

Hello DanyDan,

I'm having trouble continuing a system scan both deep and full. I followed the steps you provided and uploaded the files in Dtrace here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6c45tm; http://www.sendspace.com/file/cpv2rn

(I have no idea why I have 2 files in it so I uploaded them both)

thanks

Fida

• I started a deep system scan last night, when I wake up, I found out that Bitdefender had frozen and the scan couldn't finish. I ran another deep system scan after that and this time the scan was completed but right after that, there was a pop-up window saying bitdefender services were not responding, I had to restart the computer so I couldn't see the scan report. Could anybody tell me what's going on?

Hello, exactly the same problem here. I can do full scans, but deep scans (estimate 7 hours on my machine even after 1.5hrs of running) freeze and crash BD. The only way out is a hard reboot. I work with Vista.

Regards Ton Meijers

• Hello, exactly the same problem here. I can do full scans, but deep scans (estimate 7 hours on my machine even after 1.5hrs of running) freeze and crash BD. The only way out is a hard reboot (machine slowed down considerably). Only external hdd kept flickering. Got message about taks scheduler processes still active just before reboot. I work with Vista.

Want to upload the debug file. File was 4.5Mb and above upload limit. Zipped files not allowed. What part of the file you'r interested in?

Regards Ton Meijers

• Hi,

any news? I sometimes feel like a paying betatester. Anyway, i downloaded the newest BD TS 2011. Installed this (it removed my older Dutch version 11.0.24) with only one update -2002 error to the UK version of 14.0.24.337. I updated BD manualy and took a boot error after advised reboot for granted. So far so good. The settings i changed and saved in the menu (especially saved in profiles.xml) were now properly saved. In the Dutch version they got lost after each reboot. Seems the upgrade from 2011 to 2011 messed up the functionality. Scanning seems to be okay. Don't know if the program first tries to desinfect and than uses the quarantaine. The older version deleted programs without notice even when the settings for actions were different (dangerous in case of false positives).

The only problem which remains, is that a deep scan -with scanning options high (for critical machines)- freezes after about 1:14 on scanning <system> and BD services stop. Funny enough with 'medium scanning options' the deep scan finishes after 5 hours.

I do have the log files (supporttool and odscanui) zipped, but i prefer to send them (if needed) to a BD technician and not to put them on display for privacy reasons.

Regards,

Ton Meijers

Dell dimension 9200 Vista 32b. pc with enough ram.

• I do have the log files (supporttool and odscanui) zipped, but i prefer to send them (if needed) to a BD technician and not to put them on display for privacy reasons.

Regards,

Ton Meijers

Dell dimension 9200 Vista 32b. pc with enough ram.

You're right not to post that info here. ;) Here are the steps to get your files to BD tech support:

1. Upload the created files HERE

2. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

3. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download links to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take a few days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Another 2 crashes on 2 of my 3 pc's because of BD services stopped (vsserv.exe) during a full scan or deep scan. Hope i'm still save...

Found out in the vista logs that at the time of the crashes there were errors reported about WMI Performance Adapter-service stopped, WmiApRpl.dll errors. I'm no technician. Just a report.

• I am having the same issue on my boss's laptop running BD 2011 total Security. I cannot complete a deep scan without BD locking up the PC. Strange thing about this issue is that when I have to hard reboot after BD crashes, the computer does a scan disk. The laptop is running Windows XP Pro (Dell Inspiron 6400). I will send my logs to Danny.

• Hello,

noleo: you have only sent me an incomplete odscan log. Please check your email associated with your forum account for complete instructions on how to troubleshoot the issue you encounter.

Virus276: you have BitDefender Total Security 2011 installed along with few other security solutions such as: Registry Mechanic, Windows Live Family Safety, Tune-Up etc. Please check your email associated with your forum account (Chello) for instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter.

Both please reply via email and let me know if the issue still persist.

Regards,

• I have now switched off all scanning and have not had any freezes (on virtual XP on a MAC).

However, also loaded it on an ASUS PC and it crashed in the middle of defragging the drive so I have to wait until it all clears (been running now for about 20 hours).

Also decided to run SPYBOT on the virtual machine and came up with 11 additional alerts.

What is frustrating is that I have found threads in 2009 describing exactly the same problem.

• I'm sorry for the long response but since the last time I reported the problem, deep system scan has been doing well. But yesterday, it crashed at the end of the scan again so I post the scan log file here. Hope you come up with some solutions soon. I'm already tired of having too much problems with bitdefender and now I can't even do a system scan.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yfn6mqs1anc79cd

• Hello,

noleo: you have only sent me an incomplete odscan log. Please check your email associated with your forum account for complete instructions on how to troubleshoot the issue you encounter.

Virus276: you have BitDefender Total Security 2011 installed along with few other security solutions such as: Registry Mechanic, Windows Live Family Safety, Tune-Up etc. Please check your email associated with your forum account (Chello) for instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter.

Both please reply via email and let me know if the issue still persist.

Regards,

Thanks DanyDan. I sent the 2 logs from the latest scan.

• It's been 3 days and I still haven't got any answer yet. Do you still work on my case?

I'm sorry for the long response but since the last time I reported the problem, deep system scan has been doing well. But yesterday, it crashed at the end of the scan again so I post the scan log file here. Hope you come up with some solutions soon. I'm already tired of having too much problems with bitdefender and now I can't even do a system scan.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yfn6mqs1anc79cd

• DoubleOZero
    edited January 2011
    Options

I've been having the same problem as well (Windows 7 x64). Specifically:

* Deep scan freezes without fail every time run.

* Bitdefender services stop responding.

* Computer loses all network connectivity.

* Frozen deep scan unresponsive to clicking Stop button. Have to kill in Task Manager.

After reboot, BD services are back up and network connection is back to normal. If I try the Deep Scan again, problem resumes.

I booted into Safe Mode and ran a scan, no infections found. Spybot came up clean as well.

Event Viewer logs look mostly normal.

Of note, when the scan froze, it was scanning sxsstore.dll.

(Running Total Security 2011.)

• t.meijers@chello.nl
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hi,

After following your instructions i was able to do a deep scan for a few days. Then the same problems came up. Frozen scans ans having to fill in the properties of my network cards after every boot. The firewall settings got lost every time and 'defaulted' to lan (internet connection) public, vpn no, stealth on generic no and for lan2 card (home network) home/offoce, vpn no, stealth remote, generic yes.

Having to uninstall programs to use a anti-virus program is a novelty for me;( Having to run a third party application CCleaner to clean up lots of directories and files the official BD uninstaller left behind is also a surprise.

Uninstalled en installed BD according to your advice again today. Why i had to uninstall TuneUp companion is a mystery. This programa (i bought) is a Itunes application and has nothing to do with security. The install of the dutch version was unsuccesful because the key was not accepted (license already used and not able to register twice). The installation of the UK version was succesful. After a forced reboot because of BD update i had to choose again the nature of my Lan2card in my home network (i use 2 lan card for a cabled network).

I'm very dissapointed. But because i'm not the type to give up i will go on debugging this problematic time consuming and unreliable release. I know this is not good for my mood and timemanagement...

Will report back wtih the next error. lost firewall settings or frozen scan,

Regards,

Ton

[Ticket ID:201101161030387]

• Hi,

31-12-2010: Upgrade BitDefender 2010 to 2011. The battle starts;( Wish i never updated. BD2010 gave me no problems.

23-01-2011: Uninstall en install per directives technical support. Dutch version (key used not able to register twice)stopped during installaton. UK Version installed. Only one set of firewall settings possible:

LAN public vpn NO stealth ON generic NO

LAN2 home/office vpn NO stealth REMOTE generic YES

When I change the firewall network settings: Upon each boot I have to switch to the administrator login and select every time the properties of LAN2. No, I don’t use a wireless but a cabled network.

Manual Deep Scan oké (7 hours)

? BD slows down considerably overall performance pc (fast internet without BD)

23-01-2011

Vsserv crash when exiting Tixati v1.49 (bittorrent application). Exiting Vista takes 5 minutes.

Full system scan oké (5 hours)

24-01-2011

Scheduled full system scan is on the screen but doesn’t start. Vista pc locked and vsserv stopped/crash. After reboot error message realtime protection disabled. Not able to fix this (picture). After second reboot realtime protection enabled.

Scheduled full system scan on different XP machine doesn’t start either (didn’t even attempt to start) no vsserv crash here.

Regards,

Ton

post-27116-1295901635_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

Pictures say more than words.

Run CCleaner registry and for testing purposes a search for a bdc.exe file.

Furthermore a screendump of the firewall network settings BD defaults to after every boot of the pc.

Followed the instructions from Dan to the letter in uninstall nd install.

Regards,

Ton

post-27116-1295953598_thumb.jpg

post-27116-1295953622_thumb.jpg

post-27116-1295953642_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

Start a full system scan. After some time when I came home the PC was locked (Vista start screen where you have to fill in your password to resume your work). Filled in password and found out that full system scan was frozen. Stopped the scan en BD symbol got grey. After some time the BD symbol got red again. Opened BD showing no account. Tried to restart pc (error message task scheduler engine process still active). PC doesn’t restart. Had to cold reboot (keep the on/off button in).

Regards,

Ton

• Hi

Glad to see it's not just me having problems. I had exactloy the same problem with deep system scan freezing and having to hold in the on/off button because Task Manager stopped responding along with everything else. This has happened several times.

Isn't it time BD sortined this problem out?

I've spent hours sending logging files to BD tech help as well as the many hours lost to frozen computer. I'm sure I agreed in the Ts&Cs that I had no right to a refund regardless of how useless the software was, but all the same I would like my money back so I can get some Anti Virus software that actually works. Any recommendations welcome!

Colin

• Hi,

After realtime protection suddenly stopped (see other thread) and could'nt be fixed i uninstalled and installed for the 3 time BD TS 2011 (with the uninstall tool as an adminstrator, with ccleaner. i can do it blind now). Found out that downloading the oflline version of BD (pinned thread) was extremely slow (would have taken me 4 days ona fast internet cable connection. Installation now gave me the -1011 update error. Update of BD TS 2011 is now giving me headaches. See the attached picture.

What is going on here? Please support take action!

Regards,

Ton

post-27116-1296244459_thumb.jpg

• Hello Virus,

Please make sure you have the Scan when idle option disabled. Also please tell me if the issue occurs only when the PC comes back from Hibernation / Sleep.

• t.meijers@chello.nl
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hello Dan,

Good to hear from you!

Update error -1011 as I showed in the screendump disappeared this morning as mysterious as it came yesterday after another installation.

Of course the option not to update during a scan was on. Maybe better to make this a default and not a choice for the enduser.

My main problem was and is, as the title of this thread says: deep scans en full scans result in a total crash of BD TS 2011. I do have this problem on 2 machines (one Vista and one XP) after I updated from v2010 to v2011 31/12/2010. On a 3d machine (clean install and not an update) I do not have this problem.

I do have 3 accounts on this Vista machine incl. administrator account. I just found out that I have to switch off in every account the option of performance optimization, otherwise there is a chance when I use a scheduled scan, 2 scans run together and crash the system. Right?

Crashing BD after a scheduled full system scan occurs not only when the PC comes back from hibernation/sleep.

Having the realtime protection suddenly stopped a few days ago (prompting me to do another uninstall and install after which this problem was gone) proves to me the current installation of BD TS 2011 is unreliable on my machines and those of other users on this forum. Running CClaner after a successful install shows me some registry errors concerning BD ( see the screendump) I’m not stating BD is crap, but that there are some serious problems for some users with this new version which needs to be analyzed and solved.

Having to struggle now for 28 days and having to do several uninstalls, reading the forum every few days and spending more than 6 to 9 hours getting this program to run properly without succes so far, is quite a task parallel to my 45 hours weekly job.

Regards,

Ton

• t.meijers@chello.nl
    edited January 2011
    Options

Forgot another mindboggling issue.

After every boot, sometimes after a few days I get the Lan2 choice screen. Have to choose public or home network.

I have to go back to admin login and see the following firewall network settings:

(network card to internet) LAN public vpn NO stealth ON generic NO

(network card to 3 home network pc’s)LAN2 home/office vpn NO stealth REMOTE generic YES

Have to add the other 3 IP adresses of my other 3 pc’s as trusted zone to Lan2 network card (again)

I use a cabled network with NIC's.

Problem is if I change any of these settings ((Lan2) to all trusted f.i.) these changes disappear after any boot and 'default' to the settings above.

Ton

• I am having the same problem. I could not follow your directions as you only mentioned XP and Windows 7 and I am on Vista Home Premium. Please advise.

• I am having the same problem. I could not follow your directions as you only mentioned XP and Windows 7 and I am on Vista Home Premium. Please advise.

Is there anyone to answer this?

• Hello,

loubon: Do you still encounter any issues with BitDefender ?

@Ton:

- running 2 scans (one from "Scan when system is idle" and the other "contextual - right click - Scan with BitDefender ) will crash the PC.

- the Firewall settings not being kept after each reboot is a known issue; I believe the fix will be released next week, along with the one that will resolve the Pchooklaunch32/64 crashes.

- the reason why you have/had the issues on the two PCs is because upon upgrading, some older files from BitDefender 2009/2010 was still present in your PC. I would recommend following these steps when reinstalling/upgrading to 2011: uninstall with BD uninstall tool -> restart PC -> clean Windows registry with any registry cleaner -> restart PC -> install new BitDefender

Regards,

• Hello,

loubon: Do you still encounter any issues with BitDefender ?

@Ton:

- running 2 scans (one from "Scan when system is idle" and the other "contextual - right click - Scan with BitDefender ) will crash the PC.

- the Firewall settings not being kept after each reboot is a known issue; I believe the fix will be released next week, along with the one that will resolve the Pchooklaunch32/64 crashes.

- the reason why you have/had the issues on the two PCs is because upon upgrading, some older files from BitDefender 2009/2010 was still present in your PC. I would recommend following these steps when reinstalling/upgrading to 2011: uninstall with BD uninstall tool -> restart PC -> clean Windows registry with any registry cleaner -> restart PC -> install new BitDefender

Regards,

No. I went to uninstall it and noticed there was a repair option. I ran that and then the scans completed. I never did find out what caused this (no new programs added since the previous successful scans) and with this version the PC is essentially unuseable while the scan is running. It takes forever to respond and then ultimately locks up. I doubt I will renew this next year.

• Hi,

Dan. Uninstalled BD now 3 times with the BD clean tool with no effect.

Full system scan crashes

No account on main window BD

Dear Customer,

First of all I would like to apologize for the late response to your forum replies. I put notes on this ticket with all the details you provided us with on the topics.

To further investigate the issues you are dealing with please run the support tool and send us some logs:

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file (or just supporttool with the red

thumbnail) - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator 4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish 5. A file will be created on your desktop.

6. Send us in reply to this email the file created.

7. Please also let us know if all the issues you reported on the forum are still present:

- RTP disabled

- Firewall is not keeping settigs

- Update error -1011

- deep system scan cannot be completed successfully

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Best regards,

Carmen Cernev

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

vsserv.exe crash during validate job backup program

vsserv.exe crash for the first time when the pc is idle.

vsserv.exe crash when downloading a bittorrent.

vsserv.exe crash when downloading Bittorrent and opening email program

logbook: boost Vista emdmgmt.dll cache error

Deep scan logs stops for a few minutes (external HDD rattles on; defrag) and continues. After 1h25 deep scan freezes. Taskmanager doesn’t responds after some time. external HDD rattles on.

Windows logbook error event bdfltr? cannot find cdrom0

Speech recognition program uninstall crashes and BD vsserv.exe crashes!

Uninstalled BD again with the special procedure and uninstall speech recognition program successful.

Installed another well known antivirus program in a few minutes successful and with no problem

Interactive mode (firewall settings) and network connected successful. Settings kept. Intuitive user interface.

No noticeable slow down of PC (little resources used by antivir program)

In depth scan successful!

Still no response from support…

Regards,

Ton

• cailex
    edited April 2011
    Options

I have have had scheduled scan and deep scan issues (user stopped and freezing etc.)

I restarted in safe mode and used remove ditdefender tool, the restarted and installed bitdefender (right click run as administrator) and it since then everything has worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Ps I meant to say I used the full installer not the 1.3mb thing