Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Killed Ie And Firefox

Options

We just installed bitdefender and it sufficiently cleaned out 147 infected files. However, now it won't allow either internet explorer or fire fox to work. It reads,"iexplore.exe has been terminated because it was deemed harmful." I've read by some that they can run it in gamemode and I am currently running it in safemode. I don't want to do either of these. There has to be a way to use webbrowsers without lowering the integrity of the firewall. Please respond.

BEARD!

Comments

• Hi BEARD!,

Please follow the steps below and check if the problem persists:

- Open BitDefender, click Options in the upper-right corner of the window and

choose Expert View.

- go to the Antivirus module and choose the Shield tab

- click on Advanced Settings

- uncheck the Active Virus Control and then go to the IDS tab and also uncheck it.

- click on OK

- verify if the issue still occurs and let me know.

Thank you!

• BEARD!
    Options
    Hi BEARD!,

Please follow the steps below and check if the problem persists:

- Open BitDefender, click Options in the upper-right corner of the window and

choose Expert View.

- go to the Antivirus module and choose the Shield tab

- click on Advanced Settings

- uncheck the Active Virus Control and then go to the IDS tab and also uncheck it.

- click on OK

- verify if the issue still occurs and let me know.

Thank you!

Thank you! These steps worked great. Now, will leaving the boxes unchecked make my system vulnerable to viruses while I'm on the internet? Also, the system is running quite slow and we are unable to remove AVG (free edition) from the system. We have run the shredder via Bitdefender as well as its own removal process for it, and still unable. If it were a virus, would it show up in bitdefender?

Thanks again!

Beard

• Hi BEARD!,

Note that disabling the AVC and the IDS module your PC will remain protected by the Real Time protection which blocks any threat who tries to attack your PC. For the other antivirus software you are using, in order to remove it, I recommend you to contact their support, they may have a tool which can help you. After you manage to uninstall it, repair your BitDefender and check the performance of your PC.

How to repair BitDefender:

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Hi

For proper removal of any Antivirus, it is recommended to use its official uninstall tool as said by respected Mihaela. For AVG find the uninstall tool given in the link in this post.

Hope this will help you.