Update Failed

I receive error -2002 when I try to update. I cannot find what this error code means.

Please help.

Comments

• Hello Gunk,

We have a small issue with the update, update error -2002 (md5). The update error appeared due to a server synchronization issue. Please try to update BitDefender again in 30 min. - 1 hour.

Thank you,

Carmen

• Hello Gunk,

We have a small issue with the update, update error -2002 (md5). The update error appeared due to a server synchronization issue. Please try to update BitDefender again in 30 min. - 1 hour.

Thank you,

Carmen

I, too am also having this problem right now. Is the update server down again?

• Hi Gentoonix,

Sorry for the delay. Usually when you run into the a - 2002 error message it means that our update servers are in the middle of the synchronization process. When the error message is received the update validation mechanism reports this it (a newer file is available).

When encountering this type of message please allow a few hours for the update servers to finish the synchronization process. Therefore we strongly recommend you to manually check for updates after a couple of hours. In order to check for updates you can open BitDefender in Expert View, select Update and then just click on Update now.

Thank you!