Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real Protection Is Disabled

Options

Hello,

I made a repair for bitdefender yesterday and since that time I have the warning that:Real-time protection is disabled even though it is enabled (in the Expert mode I have it checked under the Shield in Antivirus menu). Any idea what to do in order to solve this issue? I have restarted a couple of times and made manual update and tried to uncheck and check the box again but nothing seems to solve matters.

Regards,

Fida

Comments

• Hi Fida,

In order to fix your situation you need to follow the steps from the following article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/810

In case the issue reoccurs, please come back here. Thank you!

• Fida
    Options
    Hi Fida,

In order to fix your situation you need to follow the steps from the following article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/810

In case the issue reoccurs, please come back here. Thank you!

Hi Michaela,

Just to update you here that I have a constantly installing update of Microsoft Kb2446704 (i have tried everything with this update to stop it) and the Deep system scan is starting and then making a crash. I'll follow the link then will tell you the result.

Regards,

Fida

• Fida
    Options
    Hi Michaela,

Just to update you here that I have a constantly installing update of Microsoft Kb2446704 (i have tried everything with this update to stop it) and the Deep system scan is starting and then making a crash. I'll follow the link then will tell you the result.

Regards,

Fida

Hi again,

I downloaded the patches and followed the steps. First time the result was a real time error with the fact that no previous updating had ever happened and all information on the dashboard were zeros. So I made another attempt of running the patches then I got back where I started : warning the real protection is disabled. Now what to do?

PS: I have no other security software running.

Regards,

Fida

• Hi Fida,

Sorry for the delay. In this case I would recommend you to repair your BitDefender as follows:

- Click on the START menu button;

- Go to (All) Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> choose "Repair or Remove";

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to;

- Register and activate the product, then open BitDefender and run a new update; reboot again if requested;

- please test to see if the issue still replicates.

Note: if you cannot find the "Repair or Remove" feature please go back to Start > run > type "appwiz.cpl" and hit Enter (for Windows Vista and 7 you can type directly in the Search bar). Search for BitDefender > choose Uninstall/Remove > then click on the Repair button.

If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Thank you!