Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2011 Cannot Work With Norton Ghost 15.0?!

Options
Jack Lee
edited April 2011 in Slowdown

When I get my Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 newly installed, a configuration window telling me I'd better turn off my Windows Firewall as suggested shows. In this window, Bitdefender requests me to uninstall my Norton product. I've only installed Norton Ghost 15.0 on my computer and it's simply an operating system backup software for Windows. However, BD considers it as an antivirus program by mistake. What's worse, compared with Bitdefender 2010, 2011 version takes me much more time to reach my desktop when I turn my PC on or get it rebooted. I'm not sure if this problem is caused by this reason.

I hope this problem can be fixed by BD update automatically soon.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Jack Lee,

This is a known issue and you can to choose the Skip option in order to keep using Norton Ghost. Regarding the slow down you have, I need to know if your PC is compatible with BitDefender 2011 and how did you remove the 2010 version. In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop, choose Properties and send me a PM with a screenshot of the General tab.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Have a good day!

• sbelding
    Options

Hi: I have the same problem. I did choose the skip option, but every time I boot up the computer a little DOS window pops up telling me that Bitdefender is disabling Ghost (14). How do I fix this?

Hi Jack Lee,

This is a known issue and you can to choose the Skip option in order to keep using Norton Ghost. Regarding the slow down you have, I need to know if your PC is compatible with BitDefender 2011 and how did you remove the 2010 version. In order to see your system configuration, right click on the MyComputer icon present on your desktop, choose Properties and send me a PM with a screenshot of the General tab.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

Have a good day!

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Can I please see a screenshot of the pop-up you receive about Ghost being disabled ? Thank you!