7 Minutes On Welcome Screen

efeene
efeene ✭✭✭

Hi

This is my second attempt to upgrade BDIS 2010 to BDIS 2011 in two days.

I use all recomended steps to uninstall previous BDIS.

The final result after instalation is a slow start System (about 8 minutes on the Welcome Screen).

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 32b

I've made the upgrade on my Laptop (Windows Vista) and all seems OK.

Please help me before restore my OS made by Acronis Backup.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi EfeEne,

I have created a ticket on your behalf and sent you instructions via email on how to start troubleshooting. Please check your email associated with your Forum account and send me the requested info. Your ticket ID is: 201104281006072 .

Thank you!

• efeene
    efeene ✭✭✭

Hi

This post is to show my solution.

The problem was because 3 applications ( SmartDoc, GamerOSD, OCGear ) from ASUS for NVIDIA GF9800GT graphic card.

Before the BDIS upgrade I uninstall these 3 applications then I made the upgrade from BDIS 2010 to BDIS 2011 without use the removal tool and at end all is running fine.

After I restore my OS again using a backup made with Acronis True Image Home (with BDIS 2010 installed) and try reproduce the situation like first two attempts I keep the 3 applications from ASUS installed before upgrade BDIS.

Result: long time on the welcome screen and long time to shutdown OS. After I uninstall these 3 ASUS applications all returns OK.

I find this solution because everytime I run BDIS 2011 scan the NVIDIA control panel open at same time the scan progress open .

:rolleyes:

• Hi EfeEne,

I am glad to hear that everything is OK now. Should you need any further assistance feel free to open a new Topic.

Since the issue described here has been [RESOLVED] we will consider this topic closed.

Best Regards.

This discussion has been closed.