Cannot Disable Real Time Protection

I am trying out BitDefender 2011. Last weekend, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my computer (Asus P5K SE MB) and installed the trial version of BitDefender 2011 (I had been testing BD 2011 with Windows XP, and decided to see how it worked with Windows 7). The problem is that anytime I try to unclick the real time protection box under Antivirus, I get a menu of how long I want to disable it (which is normal). Once I select a period (anything from 5 minutes to permanently) and click OK, the real time protection box is re-checked. I saw that somone else had the same problem, but it looks like that discussion went private.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don!

Comments

• I resolved the problem myself. I deleted BitDefender, used CCleaner and re-installed BD, and I am now able to disable the real time protection.

Don

I am trying out BitDefender 2011. Last weekend, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my computer (Asus P5K SE MB) and installed the trial version of BitDefender 2011 (I had been testing BD 2011 with Windows XP, and decided to see how it worked with Windows 7). The problem is that anytime I try to unclick the real time protection box under Antivirus, I get a menu of how long I want to disable it (which is normal). Once I select a period (anything from 5 minutes to permanently) and click OK, the real time protection box is re-checked. I saw that somone else had the same problem, but it looks like that discussion went private.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don!

• Hi memphian,

I am glad to hear that everything is OK with your BitDefender. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Because the issue has been solved, I will consider this topic closed.

Best regards,

Mihaela M.

This discussion has been closed.