Can't Uninstall The Antiphishing Toolbar In Firefox

I had BitDefender Internet Security 2010 installed on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I have uninstalled it with the uninstall tool.

However, the toolbar remains in Firefox 3.6.16. I cannot uninstall it. The uninstall button is grayed out and cannot be clicked.

I have tried restarting firefox in safe mode, still cannot uninstall it.

I have run regedit to remove anything referencing "bitdefender" (and there were several, even though I ran your uninstall tool) - no luck.

Please tell me how to uninstall this toolbar so I can upgrade to Firefox 4.

Comments

• Come on, a little help here?

• Hi Epeescott,

Sorry for the delay. Have you tried using our uninstall tool in Safe Mode with Networking ? In case you did not, restart your PC in the mode I mentioned, go to www.bitdefender.com/uninstall. Access the link and when the window with the BitDefender file appears, please choose the "Save to disk" option. Save the tool on the PC, run it and restart the computer when prompted.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking"

In case you still see our toolbar in Mozilla Firefox, please post here.

Thank you!

• Dear Mihaela,

I followed all the steps you outlined above - but the BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0 is still listed as an add-on in my Firefox. The uninstall button is grayed out.

Please let me know what I should do.

• Hi Epeescott,

Close Firefox and launch regedit.exe (click on the Windows|Start menu and type regedit.exe). In regedit, delete the value "FFToolbar@bitdefender.com" from both Registry keys:

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\

It contains a pointer to the location of the BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0 extension:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\bdaphffext\

Reopen Firefox and check if you still have the Antiphising toolbar.

Thank you!

• Mihaela,

There was no bitdefender registry value in any key.

Is there anything else?

• Mihaela,

There was no bitdefender registry value in any key.

Is there anything else?

Hello?

• Mihaela M.
    edited May 2011

Hi Epeescott,

Sorry for the delay. Reboot your PC in Safe Mode, open MyComputer and in case you have files with bdaph or with fftoolbar in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components or in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins, delete them. Then save again our uninstall tool from THIS link and run it As Administrator (if you right click on it you will see the option). Wait to be asked to restart the PC. After you perform all the above steps, I would recommend you to use a free registry cleaner, as CCleaner, in order to clear your computer's registry.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a good day!