Open Port Causes Updates To Fail

Hello. I have specific ports forwarded on my routert so that I can play a certain game. However, when they are open, all the bitdefenders running on computers on the network can no longer update, until the ports are closed. Why does a port opened on the router specifically for my computer effect all the other bitdefenders on the network as a security issue, and thus prevents updates? And how can I solve this problem? Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

What port you forwarded ? Can you post the rules added on the router ? What type of router are you using and what is your Internet connection type ? Last but not least please also post details about your PC and the BitDefender product you are using.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.