Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox V4, Antiphishing Toolbar V2.0 - Browser Slow

Options

I have troubleshot this issue intensively and can reproduce it at will...

With Firefox v4 and BitDefender Internet Security 2011 Antiphising Toolbar v2.0 enabled, the browser stalls and slows, to me, rendering Internet browsing unacceptable.

After disabling the Antiphising Toolbar and restarting Firefox, the browser runs perfectly fine.

(Disabling the toolbar can be achieved by going to the Firefox dropdown menu (top left corner of Firefox) and choosing Add-ons. From there, choose Extensions. Disable Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0)

~Mainly, I am posting this so that the support team is informed. Also, so that the bots can gobble it up and use it to help aid others in finding a short term solution to Firefox 4 running slow, sluggish, jittery while scrolling up or down on web page etc.

I am confident that the fine developers here at BitDefender will find a solution and include it in a future update.

Cheers!

Comments

• Hello,

If it's OK with you, please generate a set of logs using the tool we provide called "SupportTool". Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Thank you and looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello,

If it's OK with you, please generate a set of logs using the tool we provide called "SupportTool". Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Thank you and looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

Message sent. Glad I could help.

Cheers

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

We have released an update to resolve the compatibility issues between BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar and Firefox 4.0

Please update BitDefender, restart the PC and check if the issue persist.

Kind regards,

• reido113
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hello,

We have released an update to resolve the compatibility issues between BitDefender Antiphishing toolbar and Firefox 4.0

Please update BitDefender, restart the PC and check if the issue persist.

Kind regards,

Day Two...

So far, So good. Very stable and no effect on the toolbars nor speed.

Kudos Development and Thanks Again DanyDan :D

• reido113
    Options
    Day Two...

So far, So good. Very stable and no effect on the toolbars nor speed.

Kudos Development and Thanks Again DanyDan :D

Sorry guys, but this did not fix it. I spoke to soon.

The perfect website that has issues, while the antiphishing toolbar is enabled, is Amazon.

Browsing this site freezes Firefox 4 every time for me. Disable the antiphishing toolbar, no problems.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

In what language you have BitDefender Internet Security installed ? Right click on the BitDefender icon and select 'Update Now'. Wait for the update process to complete then restart the PC. Check to see if the issue persist and let me know the results.

Best regards,

• reido113
    Options
    Hello,

In what language you have BitDefender Internet Security installed ? Right click on the BitDefender icon and select 'Update Now'. Wait for the update process to complete then restart the PC. Check to see if the issue persist and let me know the results.

Best regards,

English. Updates with restarts did not help.

(I will PM you a link to a video that I made showing this lag in action.)

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for the video, quite self-explanatory :) I have passed the info to the Dev. team. I will post an update as soon as this issue gets fixed.

Thank you for the feedback and for your patience Reido! Rest assure that we are working around the clock to resolve the issue you encounter.

Best regards,