Real Time Protection Is Disabled

Hi Dan,

I left my computer unattended for to run and get the car fixed. BD ran a Deep Scan, which was successful. I checked the Update tab when I got back and saw the Virus Signatures was Zero (0). After the reboot Real time protection failed. I have been having this same problem for weeks. If I disable automatic updates, I seem to get by for about 10 days. Per my PM, I enable auto update yesterday. I have tried the un-install links BD provided in the past which did not cure the problem.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...ec+removal+tool

Please advise. I have four Jpeg's. Before the reboot and after but do not know how to upload?

Thanks for the help.

-john

Comments

• Hello,

Please upload each JPG in a separate link. You can upload the files HERE

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Please upload each JPG in a separate link. You can upload the files HERE

Hi Dan,

I am getting the folling error messages.

"BitDefender 2011

This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!

The web page blocked by BitDefender included objects that were either infected or likely to be infected with a virus. Your system has NOT been infected."

Please advise Thanks -john

• What web page is being blocked? Copy & paste the URL in your next post.

Regards,

• What web page is being blocked? Copy & paste the URL in your next post.

Regards,

Hi Gary,

I clicked on the link Dan provided and tried to upload the Jpeg's.

• When you get to the http://www.sendspace.com website, click on the Browse button and select the file you want to upload, then click on the Upload button.

After that, sendspace will display a screen which includes the Download Link. Copy that download link and paste it in your forum post for DanyDan.

Regards,

• You can upload images on a various websites. Rapidshare.com ; Megaupload.com ; imageshack.us ; mediafire.com etc. Simply perform a Google search and upload the files on any of these websites.

• You can upload images on a various websites. Rapidshare.com ; Megaupload.com ; imageshack.us ; mediafire.com etc. Simply perform a Google search and upload the files on any of these websites.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

Before Reboot

After Reboot 1

After Reboot 2

After Reboot 3

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hello,

Reeltime46: 1. I have moved the topic into the correct Forum Category -> Antivirus since you have an issue with the Real Time Protection module.

2. I have checked the 4 screenshots you attached and couldn't understand the connection between the Update module and the Real Time Protection and, furthermore, why you added a Before and After reboot screenshot.

3. I will need you to generate a Support Tool log as explained below then upload it for analysis to the same above mentioned websites;

4. The issues you encounter will be resolved as follows:

- Virus Signatures was Zero (0) -> escalated and will be resolved with the new 14.30 build that will be release soon;

- I suspect based on the info you provided me so far that ALL the real time protection issues you encounter are due to a faulty upgrade / installation of BitDefender 2011. Send me the Support Tool logs and you will have the analysis results as soon as possible.

[how to create SupportTool log file]

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

• reeltime46
    edited May 2011
    Hello,

Reeltime46: 1. I have moved the topic into the correct Forum Category -> Antivirus since you have an issue with the Real Time Protection module.

2. I have checked the 4 screenshots you attached and couldn't understand the connection between the Update module and the Real Time Protection and, furthermore, why you added a Before and After reboot screenshot.

3. I will need you to generate a Support Tool log as explained below then upload it for analysis to the same above mentioned websites;

4. The issues you encounter will be resolved as follows:

- Virus Signatures was Zero (0) -> escalated and will be resolved with the new 14.30 build that will be release soon;

- I suspect based on the info you provided me so far that ALL the real time protection issues you encounter are due to a faulty upgrade / installation of BitDefender 2011. Send me the Support Tool logs and you will have the analysis results as soon as possible.

[how to create SupportTool log file]

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Hello Dan,

I sent the link in a PM of the file you requested. Your ananlysis is correct. Once I get a Virus Sigature of Zero (0), the following bootup BD will disable real time protection.

Thanks for your help. -john