Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help With Rescue Disk Scanner

Options
cjk915
edited February 2022 in The Archive

I've used the 2009 version of the bitdefender disk with much success.

However, in attempting to use the 2010 version since the previous version expired, The scanner does not load the antivirus engines, and the scanner crashes without an error message or any error code.

What can i do to fix this problem?

I'm also not able to connect to my home wireless network using the USB adapter.

Comments

• Hello cjk915,

Please try booting the systems with the latest version of the LiveCD available here.

Thanks!

• Hello cjk915,

Please try booting the systems with the latest version of the LiveCD available here.

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply.

This is the one that I've downloaded and burned. I did it again to make sure that it was the correct iso, and the problem still persists

• Hello cjk915,

Do you receive any error messages if you double click on Antivirus Scan on the desktop ?

Thanks!

• Hello cjk915,

Do you receive any error messages if you double click on Antivirus Scan on the desktop ?

Thanks!

Thank you again for the response.

No, I do not get any error messages. When I double click on statrt scan, the window comes up to scan, update, or change the settings. This screen also tells me that the antivirus engines are not loaded. When I click on scan, a small popup appears and tells me "loading antivirus engines" with a progress bar, but then the scanner interface closes without an error and without scanning and I'm back @ the desktop.

• Unknown
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello cjk915,

Then try to run the scan using a terminal. Please open up one and type according to the way that Knoppix mounted the partitions(sd1, sda2, hda1 etc. - they will usually be displayed on the desktop if mounted correctly):

bdscan /media/sda1 --log=/root/bdscan.log

Now open up a new terminal and type:

tail -f /root/bdscan.log

If the scan gives you any error messages in the second terminal it will display accordingly there. Please tell us what error you receive( if any) when running the scan this way.

Thanks!

• hi diana bele.,.,.

what is the different between (--log=/media/hda1/report.txt media/hda1/)? and (bdscan /media/sda1 --log=/root/bdscan.log)?

tnx in advance,.. (^_^)

• Hello warren flores,

The first one is an incomplete command, the second one will scan the drive sda1 and will create a log file in /root with the name "bdscan.log"

• Sorry,,i mean --log=/media/hda1/report.txt /media/hda1/ ,,thats why i ask u what is the difference between that.,.tnx in advance ^^.. tc

• Unknown
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hello warren flores,

This is an incomplete command as well - bash commands have a specific syntax:

command name + parameters and other additional elements

The one that you posted in your last reply is an incomplete command as well because it does not present the command name, only the parameter.

If your example was referring to:

bdscan --log=/media/hda1/report.txt /media/hda1/

This would be a valid command that will scan the hda1 partition mounted at "/media/hda1/" and also create a log file of the scan in the location /media/hda1/report.txt where "report.txt" is the actual file that contains the report.

Thanks!

• hello dianna bele,,

ahmm how can i delete the virus if i scan using terminal as(root)?

• Hello warren flores,

The command will be:

bdscan --action=delete

• Tnx very much diana bele.,.^^

• hi diane bele,

• hi diane bele, im try 2 use the command bdscan --action=delete but its error., i forgot what the message,, help me plss.,.,., tnx in advans

• The complete command is

bdscan --action=delete /media/hda1

In fact, bdscan without any option will show also the Usage:

Usage: bdscan [options] path

Our option is "--action=delete" and the path is "/media/hda1"

• Hi dan, thanks for your help.... :)

• Anand007
    Options

hi pls help me...

when i went to rescue mode, my laptop asked to reboot, and after that it reboot but this time instead of getting normal desktop, i got something else (a desktop with bitdefender logo and BITDEFENDER written on it). I got following option : exit. Aterm, Appsaudit, Filemgr, Panel, Apps, Mount.

when i tried to exit it gave me following option: shutdown, reboot, exit to prompt. i tried all option but i am not able to exit this wizard. whenever i reboot or after shutdown, i restart it executes some thing and the same thing comes again. i dont know how to exit from this. pls help me guys

• You need to eject the BitDefender CD and reboot the system.

The rescue CD environment is loaded from the CD.

• Anand007
    Options

i let you know that i am not using any rescue cd... and i am rebooting my system but i am not getting my proper desktop, instead of that i am getting bitdefender desktop about which i have told earlier... pls tell me how to exit from that

• Did you install Bitdefender 2012 beta and clicked on rescue mode?