Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Antivirus And Acronis Back Up Compatable?

Options

Hi Everyone,

I just installed BD anti virus 2008. When I later attempted to back up my computer, with Acronis True Image 10, I experienced my first back up failure.

I don't know yet what caused the failure, it could have been a problem with Acronis, but I was wondering if there were any compatibility issues with BD anti virus 2008 Acronis True Image 10 .

For the record I had no problems with back ups, while running older versions of BD anti virus.

Comments

• 21Rouge
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just installed BD anti virus 2008. When I later attempted to back up my computer, with Acronis True Image 10, I experienced my first back up failure.

Funny you mention this. Just last night I imaged my HD for the first time using ever. I decided to 'tryout' True Image 10. I was doing this in anticipation of upgrading to BD AV 2008! :huh:

• Probably it think that the backup process is some kind of illegit application...

• I'll try to test that tomorrow to see if it will work for me.

• Hi Everyone,

I don't know yet what caused the failure, it could have been a problem with Acronis, but I was wondering if there were any compatibility issues with BD anti virus 2008 Acronis True Image 10 .

For the record I had no problems with back ups, while running older versions of BD anti virus.

For the record , some research on my part found that BitDefender antivirus 2008 didn't cause the Acronis True Image 10 back up failure. It was a error I made in the back up rules.

• I have installed BD AV 2008 and Acronis 9 and there are no problems whatsoever with Acronis working on the scheduled back ups.

• On a slightly unrelated swing, acronis 10 toasted my partition table. I have 5 hard drives and my first sata is divided into 15 gbs partitions with vista on the first and various linux and nix on the others. I did a backup and restored vista to test it out. When finished the partition table was completely altered. Fortunately I had a backup.

Perhaps on a mono drive system it is fine however it seems to have trouble with sorting out multi drive/partition setups. Ghost on the other hand seems fine with it. B)

• On a slightly unrelated swing, acronis 10 toasted my partition table. I have 5 hard drives and my first sata is divided into 15 gbs partitions with vista on the first and various linux and nix on the others. I did a backup and restored vista to test it out. When finished the partition table was completely altered. Fortunately I had a backup.

Perhaps on a mono drive system it is fine however it seems to have trouble with sorting out multi drive/partition setups. Ghost on the other hand seems fine with it. B)

Were you using Acronis Snap Restore, for your Vista partition restore ? Or do have your back ups in a Acronis Security zone ? I've read on the Acronis Forum that using either of these restore options can wreck havoc on a partition table .

• betamaxman
    edited September 2007
    Options

I was using the cd in the bootable rescue mode. The same way I use ghost. I would prefer this to having acronis running in windows and it also gives me the option for backing up the linux partitions.

I have also used the linux command line utility 'dd' with success so can't understand why acronis has difficulty has the bootable portion of the cd is linux. Perhaps it is because it wants to display the drives and partitions with letters rather than numbers as linux does. I was going to try the acronis forum but never got around to it. If it doesn't work well this way I might as well sell it I guess.

Anyway as I said a bit off topic I apologize.

• BD anti virus 2008 is not 100% compatible with Acronis 9.0 Build3854 as it will not allow me to mount any Acronis Drives for individual file recovery in either the Read-only or Read-Write mode. I was able to do a full and an incremental Acronis backup with no problems. At least that was better than Norton Anti-Virus & Personal Firewall that prevented me from running Acronis by giving me an Acronis error E000101F4 "Can't find any hard disks it also Norton prevented me from installing Acronis 11.0. I'm going to trial Trend Micro and Computer Associates programs next.

• BD anti virus 2008 is not 100% compatible with Acronis 9.0 Build3854 as it will not allow me to mount any Acronis Drives for individual file recovery in either the Read-only or Read-Write mode. I was able to do a full and an incremental Acronis backup with no problems. At least that was better than Norton Anti-Virus & Personal Firewall that prevented me from running Acronis by giving me an Acronis error E000101F4 "Can't find any hard disks it also Norton prevented me from installing Acronis 11.0. I'm going to trial Trend Micro and Computer Associates programs next.

I guess I got in too big a hurry, as it appears that BD anti virus 2008 did not prevent Acronis from mounting my Acronis Drives. Acronis still had the problem after I uninstalled BD 2008. I'm going to re-install DB 2008 and continue the Trial.