Parental Control

Hello,

for some reason my parental control is off but some website are blocked like partypoker.com for exemple.. I haven't changed any settings.. And dumb me, I forgot what was my password for my home network. Please help me thank you.

Comments

• Hello,

Please provide me with a screenshot of the message you receive when the PartyPoker website is blocked. Also include a screenshot of the Parental Control Module having BitDefender in Expert View (you can switch from the Options button).

You can upload the two screenshots HERE. Also provide me with the files pcontrol.XML and pcrules.XML from the following location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your paint program -click on "Start-> All Programs-> Accessories-> Paint".

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Then save the file and attach it to the topic as explained above.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• I am attempting to access Amazon.com and Bit Defender has stopped it, how do I change the controls?

• Hello,

for some reason my parental control is off but some website are blocked like partypoker.com for exemple.. I haven't changed any settings.. And dumb me, I forgot what was my password for my home network. Please help me thank you.

I am having Bit Defender block Ebay and can't unblock that site, any ideas?

• Hi cjbrobst,

I answered you in THIS topic. Send me a PM with what I have requested you and I will be more than glad to help you.

Thank you!

• dragonstorm
    edited June 2011

BitDefender

This webpage has been blocked by BitDefender Parental Control!

This web page has been blocked by the User Control Heuristic Web filter.

Changing the Parental Control Settings for the current user will enable you to access this page. If you are an administrator on this system, you can change the Parental Control settings from the BitDefender Parental Control module.

http://www.amazon.com/ref=gno_prmlogo

This problem has returned

uhg went through this last year

Parental controls are off...I will try turning off the http scan option and see if it helps again.

Nope didn't work.

• Hello,

@Dragonstorm: the page do not block on my end with Parental Control enabled. Please send me the following file from your PC:

pcontrol.XML from the location:

Do you use a media extender (i.e. XBOX) ? Please post a screenshot with the blocked page.

• Hello,

@Dragonstorm: the page do not block on my end with Parental Control enabled. Please send me the following file from your PC:

pcontrol.XML from the location:

Do you use a media extender (i.e. XBOX) ? Please post a screenshot with the blocked page.

Yes I have an Xbox 360 synced with my computer, and figured out it only does it when my box is on. Otherwise I have no issues. Since my xbox isnt on often I never noticed it until now with summer break.

• Thank you for the confirmation. I haven't received the XML file. Note that you will need to send me the file twice:

- copy pcontrol.XML on the Desktop WITHOUT having the XBOX connected;

- connect the XBOX;

- copy the pcontrol.XML file on the Desktop and rename it: pcontrol_xbox.XML

I will modify the file for you, as a workaround, until the general fix will be delivered.

• Hi,

First and foremost, I would like to ask both of you Dragonstorm and TheGrundle if you would agree with a remote session to troubleshoot the issue on your PC. Meanwhile I have modified the XML files for both of you. You will need to:

- make sure you have the XBOX connected to the PC when you proceed to step 2

- restart the PC in Safe Mode;

- replace the file pcontrol.XML into:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\

- restart the PC in normal mode;

- do not unplug the XBOX and check to see if the pages are still blocked;

If the issue is resolved proceed to the next steps. If the issue is still not resolved let me know please.

- unplug the XBOX as you would normally do (turn it off);

- simply reconnect it and see if the issue reoccurs or is resolved;

If you agree with the remote session please let me know by sending me a PM. I would really like to work with both of you in one of the following days as I will be in the night shifts therefore working from 21:00-06:00 GMT.

Download Links:

dragonstorm

TheGrundle

Yours,