Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 Indexing Is Not Working In Bitdefender 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• januar
    Options

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I will try to install BitDefender, and I will let you know if the issue has been solved.

Also, I very much appreciate your request for the extension of my license.

Regarding the remote session, I hope it won't be necessary, but I'll let you know if it is. :)

• @DanyDan

Has this issue(Win 7 indexing) been resolved? I've been waiting since October for a fix. Ive been using MSE in the interim. It's not very good, but at least it works with Windows 7. My license for BDAV has(or is about to) run out. I refuse to buy a new license until I'm satisfied that it has been fixed. You've had over six months to track it down. I would hope that you've been able to isolate it by now. Please let me know, either here or by email(preferred), what the status is.

Thanks,

Leighton

• @DanyDan

Has this issue(Win 7 indexing) been resolved? I've been waiting since October for a fix. Ive been using MSE in the interim. It's not very good, but at least it works with Windows 7. My license for BDAV has(or is about to) run out. I refuse to buy a new license until I'm satisfied that it has been fixed. You've had over six months to track it down. I would hope that you've been able to isolate it by now. Please let me know, either here or by email(preferred), what the status is.

Thanks,

Leighton

Sorry! It was only since November. Once you've logged out, you can't edit your own post(that's ridiculous).

• Unknown
    Options

Asked for an ETA from the Dev team. I should have an answer very soon. I will post in the topic as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that the issue can workaround - until the fix will be release - by simply disabling the Real Time Protection, re-build the index then re-enable the Real Time Protection. For maximum PC security considering that you disable the antivirus module, you should plug-off the PC from Internet / local network.

Thank you for understanding, rest assure that, regarding the license key, modification will be made to recover the time you didn't used BitDefender at its full potential.

Kind regards,

• @DanyDan,

Well?

I think I've been relatively patient about this matter. Please, find out what is going on. I checked, and I have 22 days left on my existing license. The license is running out, and so is my patience. We shouldn't have to resort to a work-around. After all, it's the Operating System that you've affected here. This is not a small issue.

Thanks,

Leighton

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello,

We are currently working on a fix with Gary as the issue does not entirely reproduce on all PCs. It would be best if you would also allow us to perform a remote session on your PC. Also, details about your license key and the expiration date were sent via email by one of my colleagues from Sales.

Please reply to my email and let us know what you decide about the remote session. Ticket ID: 201103031008361.

Thank you!

• riad
    Options
    Hello,

Riad: you had what indexing issue when using BitDefender ? Outlook or Windows related ? If you had the Outlook one feel free to install BitDefender. If you have the Windows one, I will send you a notification via email as soon as the fix will be available.

Best regards,

Hello DanyDan

until i uninstalled BitDefender from 2 of 3 computers, i had the indexing problem both in windows 7 32 bit and in outlook.

i feel that, based on the very long time that the company did not succeed to solve the problem, that there will be no solution for the indexing problem in the near future, and now i ask: i saw that few of us that suffered from the problem were promised an extension of the license, but such offer was not given to me, and i ask that if i can even think of reinstalling BitDefender in windows 7 machines, will i have the "privilege" of extended license?

Thanks in advance.

• LailaSmith01
    edited June 2011
    Options

i've also experienced this problem with my windows 7. i am trying to index all my files.

• nikki605
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i've also experienced this problem with my windows 7. i am trying to index all my files.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please remove the advertising statements and external link(s) from your post and signature as it is against forum posting policy.

Warned 10%

Regards,

• riad
    Options

1. did the new version 2012 resolve the indexing problem.

2. if originaly i purchased 2010 version with 3 pc 3 years licence, can i install the new version ?

regards

• 1. did the new version 2012 resolve the indexing problem.

2. if originaly i purchased 2010 version with 3 pc 3 years licence, can i install the new version ?

regards

1. I just upgraded my Win7 laptop to BDAV Plus 2012 and YES, the indexing issue is resolved.

2. If you have a valid license key, then YES, you can install the new version as I did. Make sure you have your valid license key noted somewhere as the BD 2012 installation process will require you to input the license key.

Regards,

• 1. I just upgraded my Win7 laptop to BDAV Plus 2012 and YES, the indexing issue is resolved.

2. If you have a valid license key, then YES, you can install the new version as I did. Make sure you have your valid license key noted somewhere as the BD 2012 installation process will require you to input the license key.

Regards,

Confirmed, issue resolved in the new 2012 version, along with some other issues. They will be resolved for older versions also, however, can't provide you with an exact ETA on it, at least not yet.

Best regards,

• riad
    Options

bitdefender support gave me a 6 months licence extention.

i encourage everyone who had the indexing problem to ask at least for such a compensation.