Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Computer Hangs After Update Reboot.

Reboot after update problem.

Just bought Internet Security 2011. Worked fine for the first week or so.

In one update cycle, a pop-up said that it needed to reboot before applying the update.

After rebooting, the computer hung just before the windows xp log-in screen.

Tried it again several times, same thing.

Finally, pressed F8 at reboot to get to the boot menu, and chose "Use last known configuration." It worked. I thought that was that. Used the computer for a week or so without any problems.

Unfortunately, just a few minutes ago, i initiated a manual update for bit defender, and the same pop-up screen came again. After rebooting, same problem: hanging right before the log-in screen. I used the same technique I used before, then the system booted up proper.

Can someone tell me what's going on? Does this mean that my anti-virus has not been updated for the last several days/week?

Thanks.

----

My system is running on xppro sp3, if that's a factor.

Comments

• Hello,

Indeed having the Windows XP SP3 installed is mandatory. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hmm. I think the latest update fix this problem. Thanks!

• Thanks for posting back that your issue is resolved. :)

Topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.