Truncated E-mails

For several months I have been receiving occasional e-mails (perhaps one in ten) that are truncated, some after the first line, others after up to 30 or 40 lines. The effect does not seem to be related to the length of the e-mail or the sender. The e-mails appear in full on my ISPs server and have always arrived in full when I forward them to myself using webmail. And, yes, I have checked my Eudora settings (plus the truncated e-mails contain no warning messages about size limitations).

I am using Bitdefender Antivirus 2011 and Eudora on Windows XP. My partner gets the same effect on a separate computer using Thunderbird with Bitdefender Antivirus 2011.

After reading posts on this forum (Outlook Cannot Download Emails With Larger Than 1 Mg Attachments - Feb 23 2011) I turned off scanning incoming e-mail in Bitdefender. Since then all e-mails have arrived complete.

It would be nice to restore scanning incoming e-mails without the problem returning and I would welcome information and/or advice.

Comments

• The user has reposted this issue HERE in the antivirus sub-forum and asked that this topic be closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.