Parental Control Password

Hi

installed a clean 2011 upgrade. during instal i checked parental control on.

But now when i try to access the parental control, the password for the windows admin account is not accpeted.

Any ideas?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi grapeman2006 and welcome to BitDefender Support Forum.

Please change your password. The new one should be a "strong password".

To do that, please check this article:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-p...rds-create.aspx

• Hi grapeman2006 and welcome to BitDefender Support Forum.

Please change your password. The new one should be a "strong password".

To do that, please check this article:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-p...rds-create.aspx

Changed the windows admin password, still no change in BD. BD still does not accept the windows admin password for changing the parental control options for the admin account.

• Not sure I'm following: you are trying to enter the Windows Username password for Admin into the Parental Control Module within BitDefender ?

Have you set a password ?

Please post a screenshot with the location where you try to enter your Admin password.

• Not sure I'm following: you are trying to enter the Windows Username password for Admin into the Parental Control Module within BitDefender ?

Have you set a password ?

Please post a screenshot with the location where you try to enter your Admin password.

Argghh, why is BD so difficult? Yes I am trying to use the Windows admin password because that is the icon that is coming up - in other words the windows icon is coming up in BD when I try to change settings on the parental control. Thus, i can only conclude that BD is asking for the windows admin password when trying to log into the BD settings, no? If BD is not asking for the windows admin password, then why does the windows admin icon come up? I cannot post a screen shot. I had not set up a password for the BD parental control during instal nor, had it given me an opportunity to create one after removal of the password as in previous post.

• nikki605
    edited June 2011

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the message you want to capture is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.