E-mail Notifications

I cannot get e-mail notifications to work. I have tried all the combinations I can think of and nothing works. I even tried providing my work e-mail address as the recipient and I just got a message asking for my password for the recipients account (why?), which I don't have because it was set up by my employer.

My ISP is BT and each time I try to set up mail alerts from within Bit Defender, I get a message back from BT (including the html code), part of which says this:-

Dear Customer,</p>

<p>

You’ve received a ‘553’ error message because we’ve upgraded your BT Yahoo! Mail account security to help protect against ‘spoofing’ – when people use alternate email addresses to disguise the real sender, possibly to commit fraud.

</p>

<h2 style="margin-bottom: 0; font-size:1em; color: #000"><strong>What you need to do</strong></h2>

<p style="margin-top: 0">

We need you to take a few minutes to confirm each of the BT Yahoo! Mail alternate email addresses you use are genuine. If you don’t, you might get more ‘553’ error messages and have problems sending emails. Just log in and <a href="http://www.btyahoo.com/verify" title="Welcome to BT Internet">follow these simple steps</a>. We don’t ask for any personal information.

If I log in to my BT Yahoo account, I find that my e-mail addresses are already verified, so I have no idea what is going on here. Has anyone else managed to get e-mail notifications to work with BT Yahoo e-mail?

Comments

• Sorry, just noticed, this should have gone in the parental controls section.

• Unknown
    edited July 2011

Hello,

Not sure I'm following. What account are you referring to when you say "If I log in to my BT Yahoo account, I find that my e-mail addresses are already verified" ? Not sure how is this related to BitDefender.

I have tried to locate an account with us associated with the email you used to open an account on the Forum, however there is none (the Yahoo.co.uk email address).

Can you please provide me with more details ? What BitDefender product are you using ? What email client ? In what language you have BitDefender installed ? What Operating System are you using ?

"I cannot get e-mail notifications to work"
    - are you referring to the email being scanned notification ? Incoming or outgoing emails ?

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Not sure I'm following. What account are you referring to when you say "If I log in to my BT Yahoo account, I find that my e-mail addresses are already verified" ? Not sure how is this related to BitDefender.

I have tried to locate an account with us associated with the email you used to open an account on the Forum, however there is none (the Yahoo.co.uk email address).

Can you please provide me with more details ? What BitDefender product are you using ? What email client ? In what language you have BitDefender installed ? What Operating System are you using ?

- are you referring to the email being scanned notification ? Incoming or outgoing emails ?

Looking forward to your answer!

Actually, this is all academic now as I've decided to ditch Bit Defender as it has so many problems. I was going to retry the antivirus again but it immediately caused a BSOD, so that was the final straw. Back to Avast for me.

• Hi,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.