Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocking/blacklisting A Website

First off wonderful software, I installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 on my mother's computer and fell in love. After that I removed ESET Smart Security from my own computer and installed it as well.

The only thing that I am having a problem with is trying to block websites from loading. In ESET they gave you the ability to add sites to a blacklist, here is a snippet of what some of the site that I was blocking looked like:

*a.tribalfusion.com*
*ad.doubleclick.net/adi*
*ad.globe7.com*
*ad.media-servers.net*
*ad.xtendmedia.com*
*ad.yieldmanager.com*
*ad2.turn.com*
*adcode.adengage.com*
*admob.com*
*ads.adbrite.com*
*ads.clicksor.com*

I tried to add them to the parental controls but I didn't like how it would say that the site was blocked by Bitdefender. If the file being blocked is a JavaScript file it could cause an error on the page.

Can anyone help me? Or is this just not a feature in Bitdefender? If so could someone direct me to a small, not a resource hog or firewall, program that could do what I'm looking for?

-Torann

Comments

• Unknown
    edited July 2011

Hello Torann,

I have tried to block a website from the list you gave me and worked without a problem using the Parental Control feature -> Block website.

BitDefender

This webpage has been blocked by BitDefender Parental Control!

This web page has been blocked by the Web filter.

Changing the Parental Control Settings for the current user will enable you to access this page. If you are an administrator on this system, you can change the Parental Control settings from the BitDefender Parental Control module.

I have also added a screenshot for you to better understand where to add the websites you wish to block. Also please keep in mind that you need to have the Parental Control module enabled for the Windows User you wish not to have access to those websites.

If you need any further assistance feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

post-20064-1311177445_thumb.jpg

• Hello Torann,

I have tried to block a website from the list you gave me and worked without a problem using the Parental Control feature -> Block website.

I have also added a screenshot for you to better understand where to add the websites you wish to block. Also please keep in mind that you need to have the Parental Control module enabled for the Windows User you wish not to have access to those websites.

If you need any further assistance feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

Thank you! :)

• You're welcome :) Feel free to open a new topic if you have any further queries and you'll have my answer ASAP.

Regards,