Build 14.0.30.357 Full Download

Hello,

may the given full downloads ... like bitdefender_internet_security_2011_32b.exe are now absolete ?

The issue is also, that you do not brand the kit with any Build numbers... open the kit with winrar will show the

contents and then I have to guess about the kit version.. :ph34r:

Cheers

Hp

Comments

• Hello Hp,

may the given full downloads ... like bitdefender_internet_security_2011_32b.exe are now absolete ?

Please note that the offline installation kits you are referring to are updated periodically and include certain major fixes or build releases. You can see the date when each kit was updated on the right side of the download page.

To give you as an example the kit you mentioned:

bitdefender_internet_security_2011_32b.exe - download location:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...urity/final/en/

- last modified: 01-Apr-2011 16:18

- size: 266M

open the kit with winrar will show the contents and then I have to guess about the kit version

- you are not supposed to unpack the installation kit manually but to run it after the download is complete. The kit do not have a certain version so there is nothing you can check by unpacking it manually before installing. Furthermore, the unpacking process is done automatically when you start the installation.

Kind regards,

• Blackbird
    edited July 2011

Hello Hp,

Please note that the offline installation kits you are referring to are updated periodically and include certain major fixes or build releases. You can see the date when each kit was updated on the right side of the download page.

To give you as an example the kit you mentioned:

bitdefender_internet_security_2011_32b.exe - download location:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...urity/final/en/

- last modified: 01-Apr-2011 16:18

- size: 266M

Dear Daniel M

by installing 01 Apr2011 file we can't get latest 14.0.30.357 .. to my surprise not even after updating it by weekly update (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=22697) it is 120MB file!! can be an av itself :rolleyes: and even home network don't push latest build to my other network PC Just when i remove my local IP it get latest from bitdefender online update server and again it is a huge 40MB file for a fresh install of BD !! why so much data it need and why not at least integrated to weekly ? why home network didn't do that ? update server is one of lovely feature to me because very slow internet speed in my country but it failed me .. so please answer me and i am waiting eagerly for 2012 unleashed in 2 day.

• Hi,

@Blackbird: we repack and release new version of installation kits from time to time however, this can't occur every week. Furthermore, the weekly.exe file does NOT include product updates, the weekly is designed to store the latest signatures needed for scanning.

why home network didn't do that ?

- if you set a different update address then you won't have the latest updates. To give you an exameple:

- you have 3 PCs: PC A, B and C;

- all three PCs are in the same home network;

- all three PCs added within BitDefender Home Network module;

Case 1: you have changed the upgrade address from http://upgrade.bitdefender.com into one of the PCs IP: 192.168.1.2 =>> BitDefender will try to download and check for latest updates from the PC associated with that IP address;

Case 2: you have the default upgrade address but set the PC as a client in the Home Network module =>> the PC can be upgraded through the PC set as server (PC B)

What I would recommend, considering that you are using a slow internet connection, is to set one of the PCs as Server through the Home Network module within BitDefender then update the others to get the update from the local server.

Note that the PC set as server must have an active Internet connection to get the latest updates.

If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact us anytime!

The English version of 2012 will be released officially later today so stay tuned !

Best regards,