Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Annoying 10sec Video Lag - Youtube Freezes

Options

Not too sure what module is the cause of this but posting this here anyway.

I installed Bitdefender 2012 on my windows 7 x64 machine yesterday with a valid activation key. Since I installed it I seem to get a weird 10 seconds lag at the beginning of any flash video. One thing I saw is that the ads popped right after the 10 seconds period and one out of those 3 ads was one to buy Bitdefender (wtf...)

I tried changing browsers, same issue, Chrome , Firefox and IE are all doing the same thing. Tried to add a popup blocker (adplus) to Firefox, still the same thing. Completely disabled the Bitdefender product, a little less worse but still random videos will do it.

Finally just removed all the application and rebooted the computer, bingo! that worked. Still I would pretty much like using this product with everything working correctly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

Can you please provide some links with this issue?

Thank you!

• Yes! have this problem too very annoying when you play a youtube video stops for about 5 secs but the sound is playing.

• dofdof
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes! have this problem too very annoying when you play a youtube video stops for about 5 secs but the sound is playing.

I also have same trouble, but I have only 3secs (But I also very powerful computer)

And I blame the virus scanner and Bitdefender toolbar

[user of BD2012 TS x64, Firefox 5 and Windows 7 x64]

• AJUK
    Options

Yes, this is most likely due to the non-user configurable module known as NetDefender. BitDefender looks for a defined list of web browser filenames and if it sees the correct file name it will load the NetDefender module into the browser.

See my post here for a simple work around to this.

• minoskid
    edited August 2011
    Options

I have this problem too....2-3 seconds lag

Machine:

Core i5 750

ASUS P7H55

4GB DDR3

GTS 250 1GB

HDD 1TB WD Caviar Green

Software & OS:

Firefox 6

Google Chrome 13

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

BitDefender Antivirus 2012

• Wow i have the same exact problem and I to have Windows 7 64bit. It might be a problem with bit defender 64bit.

• nikki605
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow i have the same exact problem and I to have Windows 7 64bit. It might be a problem with bit defender 64bit.

Don't think so. I just looked at about 8 YouTube videos on my Win7 Pro SP1 x64 laptop with BDAV 2012 64-bit installed and experienced no lag on any of them.

Regards,

• minoskid
    edited August 2011
    Options

here's some real-time video made by me:

BDAV 2012 Video Lags

• Moved to the General forum since it is uncertain which module may be at issue.

Regards,

• Protection against fraud and Protection against phishing maybe have issue.

Looking foward to get fixed this problem.

• Hello,

There is a workaround that will disable the TrafficLight - the module that I believe is causing the issue. You will need to rename the file BDTL.DLL from the installation folder in Windows Safe Mode.

bdtl.dll default file location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\Bitdefender 2012

- you can rename the file from bdtl.dll into bdtl.old;

NOTE:

- you need to keep the updates disabled so the file will not be restored after you've renamed it;

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Please let me know if renaming the file above solves the download issue.

• NOTE:

- you need to keep the updates disabled so the file will not be restored after you've renamed it;

always need to disable updates? or just before the file rename?

• Before the file rename and keep the Auto Update disabled until the fix will be release. I will announce it via forum, in the pinned topic created for this purpose. You can find the topic under the Updates forum category or at the link below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

• tangwanyin@hotmail.com
    edited August 2011
    Options

I have this problem too, but I can't quite confirm it is Bitdefender causing the problem. I've just posted a post regarding the toolbar, and with the toolbar off (nothing to do with showing or not), it does do the lagging less.

• here's some real-time video made by me:

BDAV 2012 Video Lags

It was quite funny looking at that video, a lag before viewing your video with a lag...

• Protection against fraud and Protection against phishing maybe have issue.

Looking foward to get fixed this problem.

I think it's more of a toolbar problem, as my new post points out.

• minoskid
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think it's more of a toolbar problem, as my new post points out.

we have to wait for a fix update :)

• Hello,

There is a workaround that will disable the TrafficLight - the module that I believe is causing the issue. You will need to rename the file BDTL.DLL from the installation folder in Windows Safe Mode.

bdtl.dll default file location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\Bitdefender 2012

- you can rename the file from bdtl.dll into bdtl.old;

NOTE:

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Please let me know if renaming the file above solves the download issue.

ok so i tried this but it didnt work do you know and estimated time of when this will be fixed?

• Hi Kevin,

Please go to the BitDefender installation folder and check to see if the file was not re-added. Do you have the file called bdtl.dll or still the same bdtl.old ? Do you encounter this issue on all browsers ? What browsers have you tried with ? What Operating System are you using and what BitDefender product ?

Looking forward to your answer!

• Disabling AVC worked for me. No more video lag. Easy.

• Is this issue going to be fixed in one of the future updates?

I don't really want to turn off the update functionality as it defeats the object kind off of keeping up to date.

I am suffering from same issue with Antivirus 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit machine.

Am still on trial version and this will defenitely be one of the things I would like fixed before purchasing.

Any news on this?

Thanks.....

• Hello,

Please check the topic below and let me know if the issue persist after the last update performed.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=120336

Regards,

• Hello,

Please check the topic below and let me know if the issue persist after the last update performed.

<a href="http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=120336" target="_blank">http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=120336</a&gt;

Regards,

Issue persists.

Update done today, rebooted..

Video lag is still the same, very annoying.

Any fix for this coming up as I did not spot it in the list of fixes in the update post...

• Thank you for the feedback, will give you a possible ETA on the fix next week, on Monday or Tuesday.

• Thank you for the feedback, will give you a possible ETA on the fix next week, on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks, I noticed that it's not just youtube picture that freezes, the whole browser actually locks for a couple of seconds..

you also can't switch tabs whilst the lag is there..

This seriously needs to be fixed.

I am quite surprised (after reading very positive reviews) that there are so many issues with this release.

Is it possible to buy a license for 2012, install 2011 with that and wait till 2012 has evolved in a less buggy version?

Thanks,

This is very good news :)

• Maaz
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi guys, any update on this?

Keen to find out when and if this is going to be fixed.

Thanks...

• Hi guys, any update on this?

Keen to find out when and if this is going to be fixed.

Thanks...

Hi guys...

We're supposed to get an update on this issue latest yesterday, however still no news.

Is there an update pending to fix this?

If not, how long will this take?

In the meantime my trial is starting to run out and I would like to see this resolved before I deceide to purchase the program.

Thanks...

• Unknown
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hello,

I'm sorry however I don't have an answer yet. As soon as I will have it, I will let you know.

Maaz: you don't have to disable BitDefender updates. The issue should be resolved if you disable just the AVC option within BitDefender. To do that click on 'Settings', go to 'Antivirus' and disable 'Active Virus Control' option.

• Hello,

I'm sorry however I don't have an answer yet. As soon as I will have it, I will let you know.

Maaz: you don't have to disable BitDefender updates. The issue should be resolved if you disable just the AVC option within BitDefender. To do that click on 'Settings', go to 'Antivirus' and disable 'Active Virus Control' option.

Thanks for the update Dan, eagerly awaiting further news :)

• another two days without any information on a possible fix.

Is this escalated to the devellopers as I see this issue popping up very often, together with slow internet speed (which I am also experiencing, not always slow, just very irregular as I described in another topic)

Just wanted to know if this is being looked at, as I don't think turning of one of the features (AVC) should be a solution as you purchase a product to work on all fronts and it shouldn't need disabling.

Thanks and hope to get some response or feedback.

• Hello,

Be kindly informed that the fix has been found however it can't be released directly, without being tested. You can workaround the issue by disabling the AVC option until the fix will be released via the Automatic Update Module. To do that click on 'Settings', go to 'Antivirus' and disable 'Active Virus Control' option.

I will try to get an ETA on Tuesday when I get back to wok.

• Hello,

Be kindly informed that the fix has been found however it can't be released directly, without being tested. You can workaround the issue by disabling the AVC option until the fix will be released via the Automatic Update Module. To do that click on 'Settings', go to 'Antivirus' and disable 'Active Virus Control' option.

I was having the same problems with YouTube clips lagging and just disabling the AVC, fixed the lag problem for me also.

• Hello,

Any ETA?

• Maaz
    edited September 2011
    Options

So just to be clear to everyone at BD..

After the latest update the issue is still there, and it might my imagination but it almost seems like switching between tabs causes Firefox to temporarily lock as well, a few seconds.

I did not experience this before the update.

So now I have video lag, and I think when switching from or to a flash site, a browser lock...

ARGHHHH!!!!

Please help and comment...

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks...

• This topic has been combined with this topic in the Antivirus Forum and pinned here in the General Forum. The similar topic in the Antivirus Forum has been closed.

Please make any video lag/freeze related posts in this topic.

Regards,

• So just to be clear to everyone at BD..

After the latest update the issue is still there, and it might my imagination but it almost seems like switching between tabs causes Firefox to temporarily lock as well, a few seconds.

I did not experience this before the update.

So now I have video lag, and I think when switching from or to a flash site, a browser lock...

ARGHHHH!!!!

Please help and comment...

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks...

Is it possible for anyone on the development team to comment on above?

As this issue is supposed to be resolved.

Thanks.

• Is it possible for anyone on the development team to comment on above?

As this issue is supposed to be resolved.

Thanks.

Look guys, this lack of communication is getting really confusing.

Could someone please either confirm the bug is defenitely solved (in which case it might be something with my system) or if it is not solved?

At the moment I don't know where I am at with this software and it has been several days without communication re this problem.

Thanks.

• Unknown
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hello everyone,

The fix for this issue was postponed until next week. I will come back in the week to come with the announce.

Each and every one of you posting in this topic encountering the same issue send me a PM with the following details:

- a ticket ID that you have opened with us - ONLY those related to this issue;

- your valid BitDefender license key;

Last but not least I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we rest at your disposal for any questions you may have.

Kind regards,

• Bought and installed this yesterday, since my 2011 version ran out. So I uninstalled the old one, rebooted, installed the new one, and rebooted.

When I then tried to open Firefox, and google booted up normally. When I tried opening Facebook or YouTube however, it barely loaded any content at all, so I had to refresh the pages about 8 times, to see all the pictures and such.

When trying to watch a clip on YouTube, the 7 second lag comes each and every time, even after disabling features as told.

Been testing my internet speed as well, both with Bitdefender enabled or disabled. With it on, I get 8Mbps down and 5Mbps up. (Best so far with it on, was 17 down and 10 up, and that was a one time thing) With it off, I get my old speed, which is 32/32.

Annoying going from something that worked great, to something that freezes youtube and other flash contents for 7 second, and that needs loads of refreshes to even load a single page.

Also, streaming content takes forever now.

There should've been a warning before purchasing it, at least.

I'm having to disable BitDefender almost each time I wanna check stuff from work. Not really what you look for in an antivirus software.

Hope there's a fix to this soon, cause it's slowing down both the performance of the computer, as well as the net atm.

• Could I also put my hand up and say that I too got the same issue since I installed BitDefender Internet Security 2012 - a fix would be greatly appreciated. I was happy with the previous version of BitDefender, please make me happy with this one too.

Also I can't get rid of the Antiphising bar in Firefox. I disable it, it gets removed from the browser but then after a few days it shows up.

• Sorry, Dan.

What is a ticket ID?

• Hello,

EWY Tang: a ticket ID is the number of your case associated with the support query you have open with us. Yours, associated with your forum account is: 201109021002206. I have replied to your ticket so kindly check your email for further information.

Valodore: Be kindly informed that a notification is not needed as this issue will be resolved. It's not a known bug that can't be fixed. The promised fix will be release this week so we kindly ask for your patience. I've also created a ticket on your behalf and sent you the info via email. Ticket ID: 201109271029291.

Manos: From what you describe, the issue you encounter is different from the delay one. I would like to see a log file generated on the PC on which you encounter the issue you mentioned. I've opened a new case on your behalf with ID: 201109271030511.

Since my last post where I asked for the license key, the ticket ID and the email used when purchase BitDefender, only Maaz replied with the requested PM. Everyone who encounter this flash video delay issue please send me the info via PM.

Kind regards,

• I have this problem as well. Blooming annoying.

Trialing bitdefender at the moment and have 3 days left of that license. I want to make sure I won't be burdened with this irritating bug before I buy a license as I am a poor student.

• Hey, Dan. Thanks for your reply, but I haven't gotten any email from you. (I've checked the junk box and everything)

• Manos: From what you describe, the issue you encounter is different from the delay one. I would like to see a log file generated on the PC on which you encounter the issue you mentioned. I've opened a new case on your behalf with ID: 201109271030511.

Since my last post where I asked for the license key, the ticket ID and the email used when purchase BitDefender, only Maaz replied with the requested PM. Everyone who encounter this flash video delay issue please send me the info via PM.

Kind regards,

I've sent my info hope its helps. My problem can't be screenshot so I used the supportool. Hope it provides what you need.

• Wow this problem was from bitdefender 2012 didn't even realize I thot it was from the youtube new player. I will test my pc with Bis2011 to see if it still persist.

• Since yesterday and in some instances I get this o_O

unled1nj.jpg

• I fixed the Problem with flash if i unistalled flash player before i install BD.After i installed BD i install flash player.Until now no problems!!

• Hello BD Team

Since the Suggested Solution by turning off the AVC to solve the lagging when playing Videos in Youtube been posted here.

Now its been for around 10 days and iam still facing some issues.

Please let me know if this issues will be fixed soon in any update, because iam not sure yet if i should buy a license with this terrible performance:

-Firefox hanging(not responding) randomly for around 20-30 seconds.

-Startup takes around 3 and half a minute.

-BD Slowing down the performance of the computer/internet.

Iam using trial Version for 90 days, should i PM you Daniel with the serial?

This discussion has been closed.