[resolved]Port Scan Detected

port scan against your computer was detected... what is that mean???

Comments

• From Wikipedia: A port scan or portscan is "An attack that sends client requests to a range of server port addresses on a host, with the goal of finding an active port and exploiting a known vulnerability of that service."

It sounds like BD detected that the ports on your PC were being scanned from an outside source to see if any were open.

Regards,

• From Bitdefender Help:

Block port scans - detects and blocks attempts to find out which ports are open.

Port scans are frequently used by hackers to find out which ports are open on your computer. They might then break into your computer if they find a less secure or vulnerable port.

• I keep getting messages alerting me of this and each time I get the message it minimizes whatever fullscreen game I'm running. I tried turning on game mode and playing with the settings but I still have this issue

How do I either stop getting these alerts or stop them from interfering with fullscreen programs?

Thanks in advance.

• Mihaela M.
    edited August 2011

Hi kEbAb9000,

To prevent this, I would recommend you to take the IP that scans your ports and to create a deny rule in Bitdefender. To do this follow the steps below:

- Open the Bitdefender window.

- Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.

- Click Firewall on the left-side menu and then the Advanced tab.

- Under Firewall Rules, click Adapter Rules.

A new window will appear. The current network zones are displayed per adapter. Select the adapter you have and then click on Add Zone. Enter the IP address , choose Deny and then click on OK.

Also in Firewall -> Settings you have 'Block port Scans', keep it ON.

Thank you!

• Ok, it worked. Thanks a lot for your help!

• Hi,

As the case is now resolved, this topic is closed.

If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.