2/ The BD2. jpg looks like there is a conflit with the asus AI Suite II

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/03/03/...rboard_review/2

Solutions?

thanks in advance

post-4774-1312881176_thumb.jpg

post-4774-1312881231_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

There is an incompatibility between BD TS 2012 and the ASUS AI Suite II installed on my system.

I have uninstalled the ASUS product and the error popup are not present.

I did NOT have this problem with the BD TS2011

This must solved.

post-4774-1312905792_thumb.jpg

• Hello Emile,

Can you please provide me with a download link for this utility ? Would you reinstall it and then add it to exception into AVC to see if the issue still occurs? When exactly you get the above attached screenshots ?

I have created a second ticket for you with ID: 201108101002152. Please perform the steps sent via email and let me know if disabling any of the BitDefender modules / options will resolve the issue.

Best regards,

• Emile
    edited August 2011

Hello, Dany,

I cannot provide you an official link to this Utility . It is available on the CD received when you buy an ASUS P8P67 Pro V3 mother board.

But I found a link :

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System...-Suite-II.shtml

It will take some time before I answer your request.

I have answered your email with the reasons and details.

• Unknown
    edited August 2011

Thank you Emile for your email and the link. I have escalated the compatibility issue to the Dev. Team. They are already working on a fix, fix that will be available in the shortest time possible.

Update: I have few tests to conduct therefore, I would like to remotely connect to your PC. I have sent you the remote details via email. Please let me know what you have decided.

Regards,

• Hi Daniel,

I have responded to your email with some questions concerning the time (I live in Brussels Europe) , the installed tools to day on my PC and if I need to be present.

In principe I agree for the remote access.

• Hi,

I've replied to your ticket ID: 201108101002152.

Regards,

• Hi,

I am evaluating IS2012 and got exactly same problem. Asus AI Suite is crashing quite quickly after system is up. Turning off real time protection solves the problem but if thats continue for next few days with no fix I am getting rid of Bit Defender from my PC :( I was already really angry with autoscan on after installation which silently deleted some needed files from my PC, and now this... Not the best product so far.

Just quick comment on function which is main problem for me (aside lack of stability at the moment): lack of control what software which i pay for is doing. I cant believe there is NO CONFIRMATION box on deleting files of the PC. If I were old housewife I would be probably happy with product which never ask me anything, but most of us users want to have control of our systems and files.

So how is it going with Asus Suite fix?

And also is funtionality mentioned above going to be implemented soon? I still heading towards buying IE2012, but there are also other (even free) products which dont have those problems.

Thanks!

• Hi Matt and welcome!

Regarding the Asus compatibility issue can't yet provide you with an ETA however I am sure that it will be resolved as a high priority. Furthermore I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201108161006368. I have also generated a license key for 1 month for you to test and try our new software, I'm sure you'll like it.

I will let you know via email when the fix has been released. It won't require any further action on your end as the fix will be delivered via the automatic update module.

Regards,

• Thanks for the response Daniel.

However I don't need that key as I just started evaluation which is valid for 1 month (more than I need to justify buying it - 3 PCs - or forget it).

Also you did not answer why AutoScan is automatically on after installation AND why I have no control over what it is doing? Is something obvious like ask user for permission going to be implemented soon? Same for On Access Scan - I cannot believe that product with such good reviews and opinions is missing something so needed and expected - and also present in competition products. So?

• OK, bye bye BD. As I already managed to find out you dont really care what your (potential) customers think about your product. Keep going like that - I would not bet much on your solution than.

Guys, just go for free AV - they same good, sometimes better. And even if you unhappy you can easily swap for free again.

When you pay you have expectation. And they not met - you get frustrated - who needs that....

• Hi,

I'm sorry to see you go Matt. The AutoScan is ON by default at installation as being the feature that keep your PC protected in real time.

Not sure what exactly special control over it you needed since you can always turn it on or off.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Where is "the" fix?

• Hello Emile,

I will be in the office tomorrow and would like to give you a call as I need to conduct a final test before releasing the fix. I've checked your account however you have no phone number added so couldn't call you today. Please send me a PM with a phone number and convenient time when we can reach you. As you agree with the remote session, you can also send me directly the TeamViewer credentials and the hours when I can have access to the affected PC.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.