Firefox Useless

schumach
edited August 2011 in Privacy

I have upgraded to BD 2012 and now firefox is useless. It has become very slow and many of the pages do not even finish loading. I have disabled privacy but that does not make a difference. I know that it is BD because BD crashed yesterday so I tested firefox and it was back to normal. Once I reloaded the BD services firefox was again useless. I have seen other post throughout the forum about the same issue, but not in the privacy forum. I do not believe it is the antivirus, but the antiphishing engine. Can someone please address this.

Thank you,

Schumach

Comments

• I tried testing with each module disabled & found out it was all of BD that was messing with my dsl connection, thus killing how firefox loads pages.

I have since reinstalled MS Security Essentials since I have BD disabled until I can get this rectified.

3 days and counting.....

• First sorry for the title being incorrect, but I do not see a place where I can edit the title to reflect 2012.

I have contacted support and asked for BD 2011 and the response was very quick. I now have 2011 loaded back on my system and everything is working great again.

Thanks

• nikki605
    edited August 2011
    First sorry for the title being incorrect, but I do not see a place where I can edit the title to reflect 2012.

Title changed to 2012.

Regards,

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭

Could you please post some info about you internet connection . Ex. speed , type etc.

• Could you please post some info about you internet connection . Ex. speed , type etc.

I have the same problem.. 2012 edition have too many bugs. I have reported some of them. But BD support never react to those...

• gordow
    gordow ✭✭
    edited August 2011

Add me to the list of Firefox users that are finding that many sites that loaded fine under BD Total Security 2011 are now no longer loading or taking 5 - 10 minutes to load then are sluggish as ######.

Turned off all privacy settings but to no avail.

Running Win Xp Sp3 , Firefox 5.0 , Internet Connection Cable Modem , BD Total Security 2012 ,, but thinking this might have been a mistake and possibly going back to BD TS2011.

Please escalate this so we can get this problem fixed.

• I too am having trouble since installing 2012. This is my first installation of bitdefender. Can I unistall 2012 and install 2011 since I have purchased the full version of 2012?

• I also am running XP SP3, 3mg internet connection. I have since downgraded to 2011 and the webpages are now loading correctly and the speed is back to normal.

I have loaded another PC with BD 2012 for testing so if there is something you would like me to try I will be more than happy to. This is taking up my last license, and I will be acquiring another PC so I am not sure how long I will have 2012 running on my test PC.

• I also am running XP SP3, 3mg internet connection. I have since downgraded to 2011 and the webpages are now loading correctly and the speed is back to normal.

I have loaded another PC with BD 2012 for testing so if there is something you would like me to try I will be more than happy to. This is taking up my last license, and I will be acquiring another PC so I am not sure how long I will have 2012 running on my test PC.

Are you using Firefox as well??

• Have you guys tried other browsers? I tried FF, Chrome & IE all with the same results, lacking speed etc.

• Mine's the same how do you revert back to the antivirus pro 2011 version

• I am running FF 5.0.1

• Rik__
    edited August 2011

Mine's firefox 5.0. some sites load normally and others won't . Only happened since installing AV 2012.

Are you still able to download AV Pro 2011?

• just reverted back to av 2011 and things are back to normal. Not impressed with av 2012.

• I just did a an update (17mg) on my test machine and the webpages that were going slow or not loading are now loading and very quickly I might add. The update required a reboot, but the only way I found that out was via the event log. If anyone else that is having issues can force an update and reboot and report back I would appreciate it.

On a side note I discovered that FF 5.0 will not automatically update to 5.0.1. You will need to go to Mozilla and download 5.0.1 and load it. It will ask if you want to upgrade.

schumach

• I just did a an update (17mg) on my test machine and the webpages that were going slow or not loading are now loading and very quickly I might add. The update required a reboot, but the only way I found that out was via the event log. If anyone else that is having issues can force an update and reboot and report back I would appreciate it.

On a side note I discovered that FF 5.0 will not automatically update to 5.0.1. You will need to go to Mozilla and download 5.0.1 and load it. It will ask if you want to upgrade.

schumach

I have uninstalled BD 2012 using the updated uninstaller and reinstalled 2012 and Firefox is working better , but my computer is starting up really really slow but when the programs are opened the computer gets back up to speed fine ,, the links are opening faster in FF now , but the Bd Dashboard is acting very odd ,, it shows that there are no issues with the BD program and the green light is on the dashboard but ALL the services are turned off . After a little while all the services turn to the on position at the same time. At that time the computer becomes more responsive ,, this all happens after a reboot.

• Hello,

The same problems here too. I reported the problems but no answer yet. I have to uninstall BDTS 2012 and reinstall Avast IS6 till Bitdefender team will fix the bugs.

Moses

• Bitdefender Firewall ###### ...

• Is anyone still running Firefox with Bd2012 and still having problems?

If so can you try something for me??

If you have Personas installed , try disabling it and restarting Firefox to see if you're still having the connecting problems and let me know if it works or not.

Just a little hunch i'm working on.

• I started using BD Int Sec 2012 for 3 wks, everything seemed functioning properly;

esp. on Firefox until yesterday, I needed to uninstall and re-install Firefox to PC b/c

of Tech Support regarding other issues, and now when I type hotmail.com or even

access MyBitdefender, I receive this message on browser:

post-71828-1314227089_thumb.jpg

I cannot even access Amazon. I am required to include site as an exception. So far Bitdefender

has read false positives because when I want to sign in to Hotmail, I receive this:

post-71828-1314227567_thumb.jpg

The reason for untrusted detection:

post-71828-1314227620_thumb.jpg

I had also added exceptions into Whitelist on BD Privacy Settings and

still it renders useless to fix the problems. Although, it is unnecessary for

me to even include exceptions when the site itself is obviously secure.

I am sure there is a flaw or a cause in the privacy or firewall component of

BD Int Sec 2012. What can I do?

I have also noticed Firefox running slower with BD toolbar than

Internet Explorer (currently using 8) with toolbar.

• Firefox 6.0 with wot, personas, adblock plus enabled. Windows 7 32 Home Premium service pack 1. Having no issues here with pages loading.

• Nevermind, I found the solution yesterday Thursday evening (around 7:50PM EST);

it seems I had check SSL enabled, causing Bitdefender to read Firefox pages such

as Hotmail, Amazon, and Twitter as untrusted. I had a false alarm, basically. As of

now everything is functioning properly and normally, except my PC takes a while to

load at startup; it is probably due to Bitdefender services active on PC.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The current situation has solved via update.

Also, Bitdefender 2012 supports also Firefox 7 and Thunderbird 7.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Have a nice day.