Internet Problem - Drop Outs

While I like the new 2012 version it seems to be causing massive problems to my internet.

On a regular basis the internet seemed to go down which was weird as there is a family PC and a laptop and it would always work for them. I know it wasn't them hogging the speed because it happened when only this computer was on.

Websites seemed to load really slow often not loading at all. Sometimes I'd have to wait 5 minutes as all sites where getting the page cannot be displayed. Strangely while the internet seemed to be off if I was on something like Windows Live Messenger it was still receiving messages.

As soon as I uninstalled BitDefender everything has been fine. I haven't had any connection issues at all which is compared to regular ones often sometimes every 5 minutes.

I know I'd experienced something similar with the P2P setting update on in a previous version but since then I've always had it turned off including with 2012.

Not sure what was causing it to happen.

Comments

• I'm currently working with support trying to fix my internet issue as well.

With BD IS 2012 enabled, my connection speed is extremely slow & spiky.

With it disabled, all is perfect.

• Hello Peteyt,

If you still have the 2012 version installed please disable each of the following modules or options, one by one, to pinpoint which one exactly is causing the issue:

- Auto Scan;

- AVC under Antivirus >>> Advanced;

- Firewall;

- IDS under Firewall >>> Advanced;

- under Privacy Control tab -> antiphishing and antifraud protection;