Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cisco Vpn Client And Firewall 2011

Options

I posted the problem a while ago (under Total Security 2010) and no solution ever worked. I learned to live with this headache, but I just reformatted my laptop, install Total Sec 2011 and hope it would work now. Nothing.

I am posting the original problem because the behavior is exactly the same:

---------------------------------------------------------------

My configuration of the programs involved is as follows:

Windows 7 Professional

Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0290

BitDefender Total Security 2011

RealVNC Enterprise 4.5.1

- I connect from my home (192.168.1.101) to my office using Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0290 and that works fine. When the Cisco VPN Client connects, I get assigned a fixed IP: 192.168.25.118. There is a rule in the office firewall that only permits my connection using ports 5900 and 5800 (the ones used by RealVNC) to my desktop (10.12.0.103).

- The new network (192.168.25.0) is detected by Bitdefender and I set both networks (my internet home connection and the new office network) as FULL TRUST.

- Whenever I click the existing VNC connection the program says:

"Attempting to connect to host..."

After 20-30 seconds or so, it says:

"failed to connect: Connection timeout (10060)"

- I tried adding rules, resetting rules and adding them again, with no luck.

- So far the only way I can make everything work is completely disabling the bitdefender firewall.

CONCLUSION:

There is something wrong with the bitdefender firewall, that even having all programs involved and all IP's involved as ALLOW on any port, the VNC connection still gets blocked.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

- If I completely disable the bitdefender firewall, run the Cisco VPN (connects fine) and then run RealVNC: IT WORKS FINE.

- If I enable the bitdefender firewall, run the Cisco VPN (connects fine) and then run RealVNC: IT DOES NOT CONNECT.

- If I completely disable the bitdefender firewall, run the Cisco VPN (connects fine) and then run RealVNC: IT WORKS FINE. And after that, if I reenable the firewall, after 2-3 seconds the connected session freezes completely.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Waiting for an answer,

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hello,

Please try to add the above mentioned IPs: 192.168.25.118 and 192.168.25.0 to the list of trusted IPs under the Firewall -> Network tab. Then, having the Firewall enabled test and see if the issue still occur.

Also please check the following registry entry and tell me the start value of the key below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip

The Start entry should be 0 (zero). If you have it set to 1 please manually edit the entry then restart the PC and test again to see if the issue will still occur.

Kind regards,

• Hi Dany,

I added the 192.168.25.0, the .118 was already there and the registry value was already at 0.

I also tried changing the Local Area Connection 2 to VPN (because it is).

The issue persists.

Regards,

post-12632-1288265715_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Where is the VPN connection listed ? I do not see it in the screenshot.

• One of the columns of Local Area Connection 2 (that is showing as NO), I already tried setting it to YES.

And the Network Zones on bottom, the rows are the one for the Local Area Connection 2 (the screenshot is for you to see all lines added as TRUSTED).

Regards,

• What happens when you try to set the VPN connection under Network to YES ?

• Nothing noticeable, and the issue is still present.

• What else can I try now?

• Hi,

Reply to the email I sent with the XML tool and provide me with the info requested in my second email.

• Hi,

Reply to the email I sent with the XML tool and provide me with the info requested in my second email.

Hello Daniel,

I also have this problem. I cannot connect to VPN using CISCO VPN Client.

I would require some assistance.

Regards,

Mihai

• Hi Mihai,

I have created a ticket and sent you instructions via email on how to start troubleshooting this issue. Please provide me with the requested log files along with a screenshot of the Firewall -> Network tab within BitDefender in Expert View (you can change it to Expert from the Options button). Your ticket ID is: 201011071005141.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hi Support

I have a similar problem.

* I can login to my Cisco VPN Client, but my browser can't see any machines in my office network.

* If I disable BD Firewall, my browser can see all of my office servers

* I've also tried the various things suggested in this thread, but none help.

I'm using:

* Cisco VPN Client V 5.0.07.0290

* BD Total Security 2011.

Please help.

Thanks...Fig

• Hi, i've the same problem with cisco vpn client.

I tried to open a ticket using the tools inside the internet security (he asked me to restart pc to gather information, and then send it somewhere), but i've not recived any mail to confirm my ticket is open).

How may i solve this problem.

Thanks.

• Hi,

we have also this problem on a Windows 7 x64 computer with BitDefender Internet Security 2011 and Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0290 (x64).

Disabling the BitDefender Firewall and we can connect through the VPN tunnel to a server using mstsc.exe. But if the firewall is enabled, the mstsc connection timed out. Also a ping is not possible. But the VPN client connects without an error. The firewall can be turned off while the VPN client has already connected and then a remote session is possible. But turning the FW on again, the remote desktop session get lost.

The Avira Premium Security Suite does not have this problem.

Also running Windows 7 x32 and BDIS 2011 works.

Is any help available?

Regards, Nils.

• The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part. Please rest assured that we will let you know about the fix as soon as we will launch it.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience!

Kind regards,

• Hello:

The issue is the same for me "Cisco VPN 5.0.07.0290" and "Windows 7 Pro 64 bit" and "BitDefender Total Security 2010 64bit

(latest updates as of this writing). I just started using VPN so this just started for me.

The cisco cvpnd is fully allowed (etc.).

Has this been resolved?

Thanks & Regards,

NYCeyes

• Hello there,

I just purchased Bitdefender 2011 this week and installed the same configuration as described above on 2 new machines (a Desktop and a Laptop). Both of these machines run Windows 7 64-bit (Desktop - pro; Laptop - home) and both machines are running Cisco's VPN Client 5.0.07.0290 for 64-bit. I have the exact same problems as noted by all of the previous posters and only discovered the problem after an hour-and-a-half conference call with my IT guy and a Cisco Support representative last night. Honestly, I wish I had know before purchasing that this was an issue as I work at home every day and rely upon my VPN connection. It appears from a post in February that a fix is in the works. Can someone please provide an estimated time frame for the release of this fix? Obviously, I am concerned as this issue has persisted since at least October of last year. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Otherwise, I will have to go purchase an alternative program. Thanks.

Don

• Same problem here. Use this on a daily basis so going to have to go. Oh well.

• hadrianb
    Options

It seems I have the same problem. Fortunately I am on the trial Licence, but would like to get this to work.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please go to the location:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers

and search for the file: BdfNdisf6.sys

Right click on the file and go to Properties. Go to Details and check the File Version then post it here.

Thank you!

• derniwi
    Options

The bdfndissys has the version 6.0.0.7 and was created at 08/20/2010 3:42pm.

• fkr
    fkr
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. On Windows 7 x64 using Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0290 x64 (and BitDefender Internet Security 2011 with latest updates), the client connects to the network, but I can't access anything. It works ok with firewall disabled. The vpn adapter is set as Trusted, vpn=yes, stealth=no.

Is there any solution?

Thanks.

• Hi,

I have the same problem : no connect connexion under VPN with BIS firewall active

Install :

Windows 7 pro x64

Cisco VPN Client 5.0.07.0290 - x64

BIS 2011 v 14.0.30.357

BdfNdisf6.sys : v 6.0.0.7

Regards,

Coolatsa

• Hi,

may we have some news about this problem ?

Regards

Coolatsa

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.