Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Seccenter Has Stopped Working

Options

Hi, I had a couple of days left on my bitdefender 2010 and decided to update it, I was very pleased with it and its really sad that I had to upgrade because the new bitdefender 2012 is seriously not to my liking.

A big problem is that whenever I click on stuff on the home window, or if I opened it and haven't closed it for like 20 secs, a warning window appears, the same you get when a program crashes. It tells me that seccenter has stopped working. Funny thing is though that I can keep using bitdefender like if nothing happened but it still bothers me.

I dont like the new look either but I guess Ill get used to it. AVC is also very annoying because it causes lag on flash videos. Seriously I would prefer to have the option to not have the toolbar or tab whatever you call it on the web browser, it is nooying.

Some might like it but I dont, I prefer all kind of settings under settings on the main window.

Also, I kind of liked for a second that a full system scan was a matter of minutes and not hours since I have almost 2 terabyte of data (I excluded some from the scanning anyways) but then I realised that I can use bitdefender 2012 to benchmark my cooling solution for my cpu since I have never seen it go up to almost 100%.

I have trust still and hope since I remember having these issues, except the one with flash videos, with BD 2010 and those were solved quite quickly after contacting support. But since they haven't answered I see no other choice than to start a topic here.

After the biggest mistake BD has ever done, when they made this into the most epic virus that could kill your entire PC but that luckily I was able to save from, you'd expect more and more testing before release from BD's side. And THAT is why I am very disappointed and next time my time is expiring, I'm not sure I won't have any dubts about continuing with BD, although once this is fixed I think BD will still be on top but ###### it put it together already.

Thanks! Void.

Comments

• Ok, fast update:

It's not when I click on something on the main window, it just happens randomly after some time.

If the "seccenter has stopped working" window appears I can keep using the main window and go to settings or do whatever like if everything was ok except that I can't close the window with the x button because then it freezes and this time for real and I have to click on cancel on the "seccenter has stopped working" window are close program incase it got that far that it stops searching for a solution.

I also found the option to turn the toolbar off so that problem is solved but this is the most important issue Im having right now, Im getting used to bitdefender now and I would really like it if it wasn't for this problem (and the issue with flash videos but I bet you are already checking for a solution to that).

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for reporting this issue.

A Ticket ID was created for you: 201108281007296

Please follow the instructions provided.

• I have same problem with total security 2012.I bought it last night and now this.How can I fix it?

• Hello,

RipperX what exactly is the issue you encounter ?

• When I installed BD I could open it and all.After restart when I was trying to open the program the msg about seccenter popped 3-4 times.I did 2 restarts but still the same.I tried to format my pc but a blackout happened.After that I have no problem with BD at all :blink: .Thx for the reply,I'll post again if I run to BD probs. :)

• Did not realise that it was BD that was causing the flash lagging but that fits. (Am having the same problem... sound continues but the flash freezes). Also, every time I open BD 2012 interface a popup tells me seccenter.exe has stopped working. I click close and it seems I do not get any errors from windows with regards to the firewall etc., so the features seem to still be working I just cannot access the interface.

• I have BD Internet Security 2012 installed on my Laptop running W7 64-bit. I've been getting the "seccenter has stopped working" for a couple of days now. Is there a solution to fix this problem. It happens when I try to start the BD interface.

Thanks,

Paul

• I also have this problem.

I have an open ticket 201109011002828 but have received no response despite having tried the repair option, re-installed Antivirus 2012, run the support tool and sent the results etc.

It is causing me too much time and effort these days with the Bitdefender problems e.g. seccenter not working, Bitdefender blocking Chrome, and the awful system false positives wreaked havoc on so many peoples systems some while back.

If someone senior in the company is monitoring some of these forums, you really need to resolve these problems, otherwise people will continue to migrate to other products when their subscriptions expire including myself.

• Unknown
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hello,

Bdf_userh: I have analyzed the logs you provided us with and noticed you have the process: RapportMgmtService.exe running.

I am one of the Sr. Engineers and the guy monitoring the Bitdefender forum. Be kindly informed that the compatibility issue with Trusteer Rapport has been escalated and we are working with them in finding a resolution for it. Whenever a fix will be available, it will be released via the Automatic Update module of BitDefender.

When Trusteer Rapport is installed on the PC, the RapportCerberus64 driver is entering in conflict with the Bitdefender product update process. We've already contacted Trusteer and our development team is collaborating with them for solving this issue in the shortest time possible. For a workaround please follow the steps below:

1. Open Bitdefender and turn off Automatic updates. Then go to Settings > Update module > from Update processing rules enable the Prompt before downloading option;

Note: until we find a permanent solution please make only manual updates

2. Stop the Trusteer application from Start menu > All programs > Rapport > Stop rapport;

3. Then go to Start > open Registry Editor

from Start > run > type regedit for Windows XP; or type directly in the Search box for Vista/7;

4. Here browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapportCerberus_<number> - for 32bits Operating system

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapportCerberus64_<number> - for 64bits Operating System;

5. From the right side double click on the Start registry entry and change its value data to 3, then click OK;

Note: this will set Trusteer Rapport to start manually instead of automatically at system startup

6. Reboot the PC and start the Update process from Bitdefender main interface > Update now -> confirm the product update and reboot the PC again.

Important: You can either

a. start the Trusteer application any time you need it from Start > All programs > Rapport > startrapport

When Bitdefender pops up and a product update is available reboot the PC, start the update manually, then start the Trusteer application;

b. or go back in Registry Editor and set the Start value back to 1, reboot the PC and repeat the above steps when Bitdefender pops up that it needs a product update.

I have also sent the steps above via email. If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact us anytime!

Regards,