No Internet Access

Hi Technical team,

I am experiencing a problem where my computer won't go on the internet with the firewall enabled. I have tried every single suggestion on the above thread and nothing is working! The only way that my Internet works is if I disable the firewall. But since I have paid for a software to have a firewall, I would like for it to work. Can you please send me a detailed step by step instruction of what to do?

I am using windows 7, Bitdefender Internet Security 2011, 3G mobile connection modem.

Please assist. I have been reading forums for about 3 hrs, tried various suggestions, and nothing but disabling the firewall works.

Comments

• Hello,

Kristo13: what phone and software are you using to provide an internet connection to the PC ? Do you use a USB stick to connect or you start an Access Point on your mobile phone ? Please open BitDefender and go to Firewall >> Network. Check the following settings and post them here:

- Network Type;

- VPN;

- Stealth;

- Generic;

Please do not post in more than a single topic asking assistance for the same issue as it may confuse the both of us.

• Hello,

Kristo13: what phone and software are you using to provide an internet connection to the PC ? Do you use a USB stick to connect or you start an Access Point on your mobile phone ? Please open BitDefender and go to Firewall >> Network. Check the following settings and post them here:

- Network Type;

- VPN;

- Stealth;

- Generic;

Please do not post in more than a single topic asking assistance for the same issue as it may confuse the both of us.

Hi, I have the same problem when I turn on the firewall, internet connection is lost when I disable it, the connection is restored and further work. I attach a link to the video, see him and talk to me please, what to do. BDIS 2010 I bought last year - 3 licenses for two years, but for this error I have not use it. Now it occurred to me to test again, but nothing changed. When I use Windows XP, this problem was not there.

link

Thank You.

• What firewalls do is to just block specific ports which are considered to be harmful to your computer over the internet. Do you mean that you can not do anything at all on the internet? Like browsing, irc, online game, VPN, etc? If that is the case, you need to provide us how you are getting the internet form so we could prolly check what port you are using for that. I'm not sure but there could possibly be a seeting on the firewall to block every or emergence service, im not sure. Providing the firewall page on the BD also helps.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.