Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Tray Icon Working After Bdis 2012 Install

Options
trinaz
edited August 2011 in Installation

After a clean install of BDIS 2012...I get no working BD icon in the system tray at Windows startup. If I "hover" over the icon...I get a Bitdefender services are loading...please wait...

I wait for 20 minutes or so and no progress.

I can however start BD window/panel from the start/programs methode...but icon still shows "loading" message.

Have tried a repair install...same issue ?

Any ideas on why the services keep loading and loading ?

Also...does the current Bitdefender "Uninstaller" download also work for BDIS 2012 ??

Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Thanks....TRinAZ

Comments

• After a clean install of BDIS 2012...I get no working BD icon in the system tray at Windows startup. If I "hover" over the icon...I get a Bitdefender services are loading...please wait...

I wait for 20 minutes or so and no progress.

I can however start BD window/panel from the start/programs methode...but icon still shows "loading" message.

Have tried a repair install...same issue ?

Any ideas on why the services keep loading and loading ?

Also...does the current Bitdefender "Uninstaller" download also work for BDIS 2012 ??

Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Thanks....TRinAZ

Have attached a jpg of this on-going issue. I have uninstalled and re-installed the download bitdefender_is_2012_32b.exe...but same issue. I can run BD by clicking on the desktop icaon...and seems...so far...to be functioning normally.

I would like to get the icon system try issue fixed to. Have installed BDIS 2012 on another Win 7 Pro 64bit and a XP Pro 32bit and no issues with the tray icon...only on the Win 7 Pro 32bit machine ?

Thanks...TRinAZ

post-31073-1314740212_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1314740220_thumb.jpg

• Hi Tim,

What software from Asus you currently have installed on the PC ? 1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi Tim,

What software from Asus you currently have installed on the PC ? 1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Pprivate Mmessage) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

OK...will work on this tonight...noticed one other issue tho...when this problem system (PC2) restarts...I always have to re-new the anti-spam setting in BD control panel...and as with the 1st install attempt...the BD icon has now disappeared all together ??

Don't know how but this might be related..

Also...this (the icon issue) is the second PC(2) on my little network...It's an original HP Pavilion PC with the motherboard supplied. The Asus in my signature is for my main PC(1)...no problems at all so far with BDIS2012 on this Win 7 Pro 64bit system with the Asus MB...

Tim

PS - don't know how you guys keep up based on the number of forum posts...but your efforts are really appreciated !!

• I'm one man army so piece of cake :P

I always have to re-new the anti-spam setting in BD control panel

- not sure I'm following >>> you mean that the settings reset to default regardless of what change you do ?

the BD icon has now disappeared all together

- can you please check and see if the bdagent.exe process is present in the Task Manager >> Processes list ?

Please include an autorun log generated with the Microsoft tool in your answer and send it when you send the sysdump.tar file.

a) Go to this page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then just attach it to the reply email and send it to us.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.

Regards,

• I also have sys tray issues.

I just loaded bdis 2012 on two XP machines. An HP tower and an HP laptop.

BD seems to be running but I have NO icon in the system tray on either machine.

Opening BD from the desktop will open the interface but still not invoke a sys tray icon.

Not sure I like this version

• Hello,

Machinebuilder: Can you please provide me with the same info I requested from Tim ? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.