Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pc Hangs On Welcome Screen

Options

vista home premium sp/2 amd athlon 64x2 dual core processor 4400+ 3gb ram nvidia gforce 6150se nforce 430

I've been a satisfied bd user since 2008 and really never had know major problems,but I've had too roll back to bd total security 2011.I'm satisfied with 2011,but really liked the way 2012 was layed out and it was very light and snappy om my system.My problem was after install,which went smooth,I was informed to reboot after a update and that was where the problem started.My computer just hangs on welcome screen and after about 20 minutes I shut down computer with the power button and rebooted same thing happened again.I used system restore too back before the install of bd total security and ran bd uninstall tool got afresh copy of bd total security rebooted and ran ccleaner and tried again and same thing happened again.Has this happened too anyone else?Are there a work around?As I said I'm back to 2011 for now.

Comments

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Thanks DanyDan for reply.Sorry it has took so long for me to reply.I removed Glary Utilities and BD Total Security installed and now is working fine.Love your guys security software. :D

• Hi all.

I suffer the same issue as tf44. I've been loyal and pleased with BD since 2009, having no serious issues with the software. Noticed that BD2012 came out so I downloaded it, removed BD2011, and installed BD2012. After restarting my PC was just hanging on the Welcome Screen, with the message of "Please Wait", left it for an hour or so and the same issue persisted. Restarted the PC numerous times, with no avail. I resorted to do System Recovery to an earlier date, before installing BD2012, but now BD2011 is messed up, and despite 'repairing' it twice it keeps giving me errors and it won't load up when starting the computer. I wouldn't mind using BD2011 until BD2012 is properly amended if anyone could spare the link. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My specifications:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz, 5.00GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

• LondonCasual - welcome to the forum. :)

You have 2 choices: Reinstall BD 2011 leaving your problem with BD 2012 unresolved or reinstall BD 2012 and run the BD Support Tool and send the generated log files to BD tech support for investigation.

Either way, use the BD Uninstall Tool first, before installing either version. Download the Uninstall Tool from HERE. If you didn't use the Uninstall Tool prior to installing BD 2012, that may be the cause of your problem. Simply running the Uninstall Tool and then installing BD 2012 may fix the issue. :)

If you are going to reinstall BD 2011, you'll find the direct download links in this pinned topic.

If you reinstall BD 2012 and experience the same problem, then follow these steps:

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering please send a Support Tool log as explained below:

[how to GENERATE A STANDALONE SUPPORT TOOL LOG]

- Save and extract the BitDefender_SupportTool tool to a location of your choice: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...Supporttool.exe

- Double-click on the Bitdefender_Supporttool.exe file (if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the Bitdefender_Supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator");

- Fill in the required information and press the "Next" button (make sure you use a valid email address and include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering);

NOTE! If you want to reproduce the issue and enable additional logging you will have to restart the computer and then use the Support Tool again after reproducing the issue to complete the data gathering;

- A file will be created on your desktop (BDSP_*). Upload the file to any of the free file sharing servers below:

http://www.rapidshare.com

http://www.mediafire.com

http://www.sendspace.com

- After uploading the file, the file sharing server will display a download link. Copy the download link and paste it in a PM (Private Message) to DanyDan of BD tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for tech support to analyze the log files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• I installed TS 2012 and regretted it.

I got past welcome screen but PC locked inmmediately after and dumped a blue screen with WIN32K.SYS problem.

Could not get past it. This is a serious problem that Bitdefender need to sort out urgently. I will not re-intsall until the problem

is fixed. Like many others I do not have the time to test their software for them.

I have been a bitdefender advocate for years now and hope they can sort this out very soon.

• Hello,

Tf44: Always a pleasure to help :)

Edradour: What Operating System (Windows) are you using? What Service Pack with it and what PC architecture(32-bits / 64-bits)? Can you start Windows in Safe Mode as explained below? If you do please follow the same steps Gary posted in his post above and send me the download link for the log file. I will analyze it and provide you with an answer in the shortest time possible.

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

• Hello,

Tf44: Always a pleasure to help :)

Edradour: What Operating System (Windows) are you using? What Service Pack with it and what PC architecture(32-bits / 64-bits)? Can you start Windows in Safe Mode as explained below? If you do please follow the same steps Gary posted in his post above and send me the download link for the log file. I will analyze it and provide you with an answer in the shortest time possible.

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

DannyDan - As I stated I don't have time to troubleshoot your problems and you can cut the "Looking forward to your answer!" sarcasm. Bitdefender in my opinion have released 2012 too early as it is not stable. You have just lost one customer.

• I also am having the same problem with Vista hanging on "Please wait" for hours. If I uninstall Bitdefender everything works fine. I will create a system dump as requested and send it in. I am running this on other Vista machines with no problems. This machines is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor with 3 GB of RAM.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Edradour: I was not trying to be sarcastic, I was trying to be helpful. I'm sorry you feel this way about BitDefender 2012. If you need any further information feel free to message me.

jtbullock: I have analyzed the logs you sent and found the following:

- the software below installed:

> Bitdefender Total Security 2012

> Ad-Aware

> Spybot - Search & Destroy

> Acer eDataSecurity Management

Uninstall all except BitDefender then perform a BitDefender repair. This should resolve the issue you currently encounter. Note that you must uninstall the 3 software in Windows Safe Mode. To reboot your PC in safe mode follow the steps below. Please let me know if the issue is now resolved or still persist.

[how to repair BitDefender]

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2012 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Regards,