Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2012 Installation Stops On "install Files"

Options
hamidbaba
edited August 2011 in Installation

hello

i had bitdefender internet security 2011 installed on wnidows 7 ultimate sp1 32bit on my laptop. i decided to upgrade it to bitdefender internet security 2012. as you know i had to uninstall previous version but when i started to install 2012 version it doesnot continue in "install files" section. when i start to install bitdefender internet security 2012, it stops in 3th step ( install files) and nothing happened more.

post-61760-1314354308_thumb.jpg

post-61760-1314354739_thumb.jpg

Comments

• i am using windows 7 ultimate sp1 32bit

• Welcome to the forum. :)

First, do you have any other security programs installed? Did you uninstall any other security programs before trying to install BDIS 2012? If yes, what product and how did you uninstall it? Don't proceed trying to install BDIS until we have properly uninstalled any previous security programs.

If no, then try this:

1. Download the BD Uninstall Tool. Right-click on the downloaded file and select Run As Administrator. Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot the PC when prompted at completion.

2. Download the latest full-file, offline installation version of BDIS 2012 32-bit. Right-click on the downloaded file and select Run As Administrator.

Let us know if that resolves the problem.

Regards,

• Welcome to the forum. :)

First, do you have any other security programs installed? Did you uninstall any other security programs before trying to install BDIS 2012? If yes, what product and how did you uninstall it? Don't proceed trying to install BDIS until we have properly uninstalled any previous security programs.

If no, then try this:

1. Download the BD Uninstall Tool. Right-click on the downloaded file and select Run As Administrator. Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot the PC when prompted at completion.

2. Download the latest full-file, offline installation version of BDIS 2012 32-bit. Right-click on the downloaded file and select Run As Administrator.

Let us know if that resolves the problem.

Regards,

i had BDIS 2011.

i unistalled BDIS 2011 by using its unistall wizard. even i used unistall tool for unistalling next time.

i did all steps u mentioned here but i still have the problem.

• Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering please send us the following:

1. A Support Tool log;

2. A screenshot displaying the error.

[how to GENERATE A STANDALONE SUPPORT TOOL LOG]

. Save and extract the Bitdefender_Supporttool tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...Supporttool.exe

. Double-click on the Bitdefender_Supporttool.exe file (if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the Bitdefender_Supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator");

. Fill in the required information and press the "Next" button (make sure you use a valid email address and include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering);

NOTE! If you want to reproduce the issue and enable additional logging you will have to restart the computer and then use the Support Tool again after reproducing the issue to complete the data gathering;

. A file will be created on your desktop (BDSP_*);

. Upload it to an online file hosting server such as:

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.rapidshare.com

http://www.mediafire.com

. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and the topic link for a better tracking.

[how to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

. When you want to capture the content of the screen press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard ("Print Screen" is usually located at right top of the keyboard); At this step we can't notice any effect as the picture is copied into Windows's Clipboard;

NOTE! Some laptops might require pressing the "Fn" and the "Prnt Scrn" keys at the same time in order to capture a screenshot;

. Open a graphic editing application (we recommend using the standard Paint program that comes with every Windows installation from: "Start" > "Programs" > "Accessories" > "Paint");

. Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using "Edit" > "Paste");

. Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send/attach) to a location of your choice (use "File" > "Save as..." and set "Save as type:" to "JPEG") l.

. Upload the file the same you did with the Support Tool log.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

• jerhome
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello

I have the same problem on Windows XP SP3.

The problem seems to happend on slow machines (i got 2 PC with sempron) and not on speed ones ? (no problem on a 4 core with the same OS)

May it helps :o

Sincerely

• Hello Jerhome,

Please follow the steps mentioned above and send me the logs for analysis.

Thank you!

• rsousa
    Options

Something happened to me tow machines I had bitdefender installed: Windows 7 64b and Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

After many attempts here is what I did:

- disconnected from internet/network

- executed uninstall util with admin permissions

- rebooted

- executed bitdefender setup with Admin permissions

- on serial number I used a different serial number I have

- gave me an error saying it will install but I need to confirm the serial number in next days

This cannot solve the problem for many as you, but I believe the problem is with the serial number...

good luck

• Unknown
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hello,

Rsousa: You need to confirm/activate your account, not the license key. Please check the email you used to register with and click on the link you received in the inbox to confirm the account. If you can't succeed send me a PM with the email address and I will confirm the account for you.

Jerhome: I would like to perform a remote session on any of the two PC on which you can't install BitDefender and troubleshoot the issue on the spot. I have sent you details about the remote via email to the address associated with your forum account. Ticket ID: 201109031001389.

Update: I will see you on Sunday Jerome, as we scheduled the remote session.

Kind regards,

• snimleck
    edited March 2012
    Options

I have recently installed BitDefender after installing the OS. It had few issues that, when Bitdefender was installing on the system it will prompt that MBAM must be uninstall in order to install Bitdefender. Had anyone experienced this?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

The action is pretty natural.

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off,

there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

Take care.