Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated]Scheduled Scan In Bd 2012 ?

I read in another thread that in BD Antivirus 2012, it is no longer possible to schedule antivirus scans. Can someone from BD confirm if this is really the case?

If it is, I must say that I am astonished. The ability to customise and schedule customised scans in BD Antivirus 2011 was for me one of BD's big advantages over other AV products. I've already bought a year's subscription, but I won't be renewing it if scheduled scans have been dropped.

Comments

• Hello John,

The request was already escalated to the respectful department. It was taken into consideration and we are working on it. I will post a reply as soon as I will have more details. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

• colinchurchill
    edited August 2011

Has there been any update on this? I to am bitterly dissapointed with the lack of a scheduled scan.

• I second this. I loved having the ability to run a scheduled scan at 3-4 in the morning every day. That way, I never had to worry about it bothering me. How disappointing... Bring it back please!!

• Topic moved to the Feature Request forum.

• spede1
    edited August 2011

I am removing Bitdefender IS 2012 from my computer and going with one of your (many, many) competitors that allow for scheduled scans.

Removing the scheduled scan from BD to begin with is ridiculous, to say the least. It's definitely a step back in security.

• I read in another thread that in BD Antivirus 2012, it is no longer possible to schedule antivirus scans. Can someone from BD confirm if this is really the case?

If it is, I must say that I am astonished. The ability to customise and schedule customised scans in BD Antivirus 2011 was for me one of BD's big advantages over other AV products. I've already bought a year's subscription, but I won't be renewing it if scheduled scans have been dropped.

It doesn't need schedule scan because of it's high real-time scanning technology. When any suspicious file has been detected then Bitdefender automatically disinfect it. So why needs schedule scanner!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• It doesn't need schedule scan because of it's high real-time scanning technology. When any suspicious file has been detected then Bitdefender automatically disinfect it. So why needs schedule scanner

You'll sing another song 8 days after installing BDAV 2012, when it flashes an angry red because you didn't run the full system scan manually. And then in another 8 days after that. And after. And after. Every 8 frigging days.

I hope the update to fix this regression will happen soon, because I am getting tired of running manually this basic task that is fit for automation. As well as enabling/disabling the browser toolbar after each reboot, or the small video freeze in YouTube volume control, or the huge latency on some browser actions like downloading files. I will actually uninstall BDAV 2012 to double-check if it is responsible for the 2 latter issues.

• You'll sing another song 8 days after installing BDAV 2012, when it flashes an angry red because you didn't run the full system scan manually. And then in another 8 days after that. And after. And after. Every 8 frigging days.

I hope the update to fix this regression will happen soon, because I am getting tired of running manually this basic task that is fit for automation. As well as enabling/disabling the browser toolbar after each reboot, or the small video freeze in YouTube volume control, or the huge latency on some browser actions like downloading files. I will actually uninstall BDAV 2012 to double-check if it is responsible for the 2 latter issues.

+1

• This is a joke! I just posted a question about this very topic, and Gary posted that it was already posted in this Feature Request forum, and just closed my topic.. How would I have known to look in a new feature request forum for a feature that already existed in my last version of the software?? Especially when I was told by BD Support to download and install the new 2012 software to fix another problem, and it broke this feature. :wacko:

I'm very disappointed. So, with BDAV 2012, you expect us to remember to scan our system ourselves! So, we cannot scan it in 2 hours or overnight when we are not actually using our computer? This is not a step forward... Actually, from what I have seen, this is the only major feature that is missing.

• Chimel
    edited September 2011

@Snacko Gary did not ignore or deny your request, he respectfully informed you that there is already a feature request posted about the same issue so you can post further comments in that other topics. He didn't say in any way that you were supposed to search for it everywhere.

That's how it works in every decent forum that don't want to become a clutter of garbage.

Granted, the search feature does not help, a search for "scheduled scans" returns no results.

Anyway, something went terribly wrong with the design, implementation and testing of this release, so I switched back to BDAV 2011. Keeping 2012 was just too overwhelming. I spent at least 2 man-days this month just investigating and documenting the multiple issues, uninstalling/reinstalling/rebooting more times than there were days. There is not even a single document listing the changes between the 2 versions so that customers don't have to learn things the harsh way, when experiencing them.

• Hello John,

The request was already escalated to the respectful department. It was taken into consideration and we are working on it. I will post a reply as soon as I will have more details. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

I will re-open the topic when a resolution to your request will be given.

@Snacko: The reason why the scheduled scan was removed was because the BitDefender 2012 is using a smart real time scanning. I would recommend you to read the offline articles found at the following location in your PC:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\support\offlinemanual\html

In particular I would recommend you to read the articles about Antivirus and antivirus.scan.auto should clear things for you.

This discussion has been closed.