Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Download/install Games And/or Patches

Options

Guys,

Rather troublesome issue, with Bitdefender2012 Total Security installed I am unable to download any games using electronic arts "Origin" program, nor am I able to install World Of Warcraft Patches.

This has been tested in great detail, including two clean formats, two completely different Gaming rigs and also testing of BitDefender 2012 Vs. 2011 and I can confirm that BitDefender 2012 is the sole culprit.

Origin will crash once you click download (eg. The Sims3) and World Of Warcraft will crash at 3% of a patching being installed. Just before posting this message I used the Bitdefender uninstall tool to remove Bit defender 2012 and as suspected, Wow installed the patch without a hitch.

I've already sent a report through however as always, forums are sometimes the best places to catch these issues and find others with similar issues.

On a side note I've also tried turning off each feature of BitDefender separately to try and resolve the issue without removing my paid anti-virus programs however the only solution to allow me to play is to uninstall.

Comments

• Hi there,

I had the same issue with EA Origins program, where I couldn't download any games. The only temporary 'workaround' that I've found so far without uninstalling the program is by turning off all the BitDefender 2012 services in Windows Safe mode. It then allowed me to download games. Unfortunately, the services will still have to remain turned off in order to play games via Origin - as turning the services back on will crash any games executed from within Origin.

Now that I think about it, i suppose it doesn't make much difference with uninstalling the program, since the BitDefender services will have to be turned off in order to play games..

I actually just switched to Bit Defender 2012 from Kaspersky 2010, since I've read good reviews about this program and that it's Top #1 Antivirus , and that it's gamer-friendly. I have to say, I'm very disappointed with this product thus far - but I am still hoping for the best and hope all this will be fixed in the next update.

regards,

Tzelic

Guys,

Rather troublesome issue, with Bitdefender2012 Total Security installed I am unable to download any games using electronic arts "Origin" program, nor am I able to install World Of Warcraft Patches.

This has been tested in great detail, including two clean formats, two completely different Gaming rigs and also testing of BitDefender 2012 Vs. 2011 and I can confirm that BitDefender 2012 is the sole culprit.

Origin will crash once you click download (eg. The Sims3) and World Of Warcraft will crash at 3% of a patching being installed. Just before posting this message I used the Bitdefender uninstall tool to remove Bit defender 2012 and as suspected, Wow installed the patch without a hitch.

I've already sent a report through however as always, forums are sometimes the best places to catch these issues and find others with similar issues.

On a side note I've also tried turning off each feature of BitDefender separately to try and resolve the issue without removing my paid anti-virus programs however the only solution to allow me to play is to uninstall.

• Yeah,

that "workaround" does work :)

I received a reply from Bitdefender regarding this issue, it asked me to send a system report of the issue. I sent a fault duplication report with my fault.

sigh.

I signed up for a second year with bitdefender because of the fantastic service and reliability. Really this isn't what I'm getting, nor is it what any of us are getting really.

Video lag is just as annoying, if not worse.

Hi there,

I had the same issue with EA Origins program, where I couldn't download any games. The only temporary 'workaround' that I've found so far without uninstalling the program is by turning off all the BitDefender 2012 services in Windows Safe mode. It then allowed me to download games. Unfortunately, the services will still have to remain turned off in order to play games via Origin - as turning the services back on will crash any games executed from within Origin.

Now that I think about it, i suppose it doesn't make much difference with uninstalling the program, since the BitDefender services will have to be turned off in order to play games..

I actually just switched to Bit Defender 2012 from Kaspersky 2010, since I've read good reviews about this program and that it's Top #1 Antivirus , and that it's gamer-friendly. I have to say, I'm very disappointed with this product thus far - but I am still hoping for the best and hope all this will be fixed in the next update.

regards,

Tzelic

• richg
    Options

I've got exactly the same problem. I've tried all sorts of different things and fully disabling Bitdefender 2012 seems to be the only answer.

There are so many games these days that run their own updater/patcher that this needs to be sorted please!

• jnebbe
    edited September 2011
    Options

for the network download/installer interference I haven't yet found a workaround

for application crashes, it is worth going into the bitdefender event log, then go to the firewall->intrusion detection tab

you might see red line entries in there which would them mean that bitdefender notices something "fishy" about a program and shuts it down, and there is then an option from the log to say "authorize".

On one of my machines it affected steam games and jriver media centre (when network services enabled) and just authorizing the apps fixed it.

I have no problem with false positives now and then but this intrusion detection just crashes a program without notification - means you look for a problem elsewhere not knowing BD closed it - notification would help!

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Please check out this topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27996

The discussion will continue there.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...=27996&st=0

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.