Update Always Fail

helmivauzi
edited August 2011 in Update

I use bitdefender total security 2012 and every time I update Bitdefender events always says that : "An error occured during update (-1011)" and it is still unresolved until now I have read all of the topics about update but there is still no solution, is there anotner update server?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2011

Hello,

Try the following steps to trace router our update server:

1. Click on the START menu button then go to 'Run';

2. Open a command prompt by typing in the Run field 'cmd';

3. Hit 'OK';

4. In the new window type tracert upgrade.bitdefender.com > C:\upgradelog.txt and hit ENTER.

5. Look in your computer in the location below for the created file "upgradelog.txt" and attach it to this topic.

Have you used 2011 before installing the 2012 version or any other previous BitDefender product ?

Regards,

• andrung
    edited September 2011

Hello,

I have just installed the 2012 version with no previous version on my PC and also gets the same update error -1011 -It seems as if part of the file downloads (looking at the download indicator), but then stops. See attachment for tracert results.

I have tried all suggested fixes on the website, to no avail.

Help! :(

Hello,

Try the following steps to trace router our update server:

1. Click on the START menu button then go to 'Run';

2. Open a command prompt by typing in the Run field 'cmd';

3. Hit 'OK';

4. In the new window type tracert upgrade.bitdefender.com > C:\upgradelog.txt and hit ENTER.

5. Look in your computer in the location below for the created file "upgradelog.txt" and attach it to this topic.

Have you used 2011 before installing the 2012 version or any other previous BitDefender product ?

Regards,

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8288" data-fileid="8288" rel="">upgradelog.txt

• Hello,

Is the issue resolved or not ? If not please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=119338

Looking forward to your answer!