[resolved]Notification Of Possiable Fixes To Bitdefender Total Security 2012.

Sean NSW
edited September 2011 in General

Hi

Is there a way that people such as myself, who have tried upgrading to BitDefender Total Security 2012. but for one reason or another have not been able to get BD 2012 to run correctly on their computer, (thus having to reinstall an older version of BitDefender Total Security) can be notified by Email that a possible fix has been found.

Only way I can see how would be to subscribe to this post (with email notification) so that when the “tech-heads” have got a fix, all us owners of “non-conforming” computers will get to know about .

That is of course so long as any info from Tech Support is posted here.

“Danny D” I read in another posting of yours, something about an “update forum” but I can’t seem to find said “update forum” ? I'm on the English Forum pages-Australia.

Comments

• Doh! I forgot to subscribe to this topic (under Post Options) after I posted this new topic.... ( I think it's bed time for me now) :blink:

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited September 2011

Hello Sean NSW,

The ”Update forum” about which Dan was talking is here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=228 (it's for BitDefender 2012 products, and can also be found on the main BitDefender 2012 board, about half-way through the list)

The topic in which Dan posts news about released updates is this: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172 (it's a pinned topic on the above ”Update forum”, which means that this topic will remain on the top of that section at all times). You can subscribe to that topic and receive by mail a notification whenever an update is released and Dan posts the changes it includes.

Cris.

• Hello Cris

Thanks for the fast reply (looks like I'm not the only one up-late) have now located the update forum and will subscribe.

Just one further question .. Because the "Update" topic is Locked I can't add a reply to it. So how do I "subscribe" to the topic.

Thanks again Cris

• On the top-right corner on the topic (exactly on the right of the space which also contains the topic title and description), there is an Options button. Click that, and the first option in the menu that appears there is Track this topic. Using that option will activate the subscription for that topic.

The same method can be used on any topic, without actually posting. Subscription details can be changed from here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...rCP&CODE=26 (accessing this link will show your subscriptions - the link is identical for all users, but the content of the link is user-dependent) :)

Cris.

P.S.: Where I am, it was actually plenty of daylight. It was 4PM on my previous reply, and now is almost 9PM. ;)

• Thanks for the information Cris, very helpful as always :)

It's 5.30PM on a Tuesday afternoon here in Australia, so I suppose you won't see this until you wake up. Hope you slept well.

• You're welcome, Sean. :) Have a nice day.

Cris.

This discussion has been closed.