Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2012 Cannot Be Installed On Your Operating System

Options
rh110
edited October 2011 in Installation

[Solution available here]

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29926

I am not able to install Bitdefender 2012 on Windows XP. I had Bitdefender 2009 installed which I uninstalled it using Bitdfender's UnInstall Tool.

Every time I try to install version 2012 I get the following error:

Bitdefender 2012 cannot be installed on your operating system

Please help!

Comments

• nikki605
    edited August 2011
    Options

Welcome to the forum. :)

Three questions:

1. Is your WinXp 32-bit or 64-bit?

2. What WinXP Service Pack (SP) level do you have installed?

3. Which BD product are you trying to install - Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security?

Regards,

• Hello,

That message is due to the fact that you don't have Windows Service Pack 3 installed on your Windows XP. Update your Operating System as explained below then retry to install BitDefender. One of the system requirements is to have at least Windows Service Pack 3 installed if you are using Windows XP and Service Pack 1 for Windows 7.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

Regards,

• pawel
    Options

I have exactly the same issue although I have SP3. I reported this issue on 6 August (ticket ID 201108061004446) and there's been no reaction from BD Technical Support since then.

May I count on any response from you please.

• pawel
    Options

I have just received a response from BD on my email box.

Thanks,

• Hi,

The answer was from me if you are referring to the one sent on 08/26/2011 12:26:13. I've replied again so please check your email inbox. Ticket ID: 201108061004446.

Regards,

• Same problem here, have SP3, 32 bit, XP. What is the solution to this issue?

• I am also facing this issue. My OS is XP Professional with SP3. Please let us know if the solution is known.

• Pikes
    edited September 2011
    Options

I`m having the same problem.

XP Service Pack 3 v 6055

1.5gb RAM

• ping ?

• No need to respond anymore.

I purchased Kaspersky PURE software.

It works great with my PC

No hassles

• Hello,

Brav:

J.K:

Can you please provide more details ? What exactly happens when trying to install BitDefender? Any error message? What product are you trying to install? What installation kit you used ? Have you used a previous version of BitDefender ?

Looking forward to your answer!

• BitDefender Internet Security 2012 cannot be installed on Windows XP 64 bits period - I've just received an answer from Bit Support.

They recommend a downgrade to BitDefender 2011 .

I just suggest that they should announce this info on their product , with capital letters .

• Hi there,

I'm having the same problem, BD IS 2012 wont install in Win XP (SP3).

Installation stops and the message "Bitdefender 2012 cannot be installed on your operating system" appears all the time.

looking forward for your reply/solution

• Hello,

Indeed, the BitDefender 2012 can not be installed on Windows XP 64-bits.

EDG: Follow the steps below and send me the requested info via PM:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it to an online file hosting website and send me the download link via PM (Private Message);

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

Looking forward to your answer!