Where Do Emails Go After Marking Them With "spam"?

Brand new to Bit Defender. I have accidentally marked 2 of my emails with "spam" b/c the button is right underneath the button for a "New" email. Where do these emails go when they disappear after being marked? I need to unmark them. One was me and one a business associate.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hello,

The spam messages detected by BitDefender are marked with the [spam] prefix in the subject line. BitDefender automatically moves spam messages to a specific folder, as follows:

* In Microsoft Outlook, spam messages are moved to a Spam folder, located in the Deleted Items folder. The Spam folder is created during the installation of BitDefender.

* In Outlook Express and Windows Mail, spam messages are moved directly to Deleted Items.

* In Mozilla Thunderbird, spam messages are moved to a Spam folder, located in the Trash folder. The Spam folder is created during the installation of BitDefender.

If you use other mail clients, you must create a rule to move the e-mail messages marked as [spam] by BitDefender to a custom quarantine folder.

Feel free to contact us anytime if you have any further queries.

Best regards,

• Thank you!

• You're most welcome :)

Feel free to post any query that you may have and you will have my answer as soon as possible. Have a great Sunday!

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

• Metalhip
    edited September 2011
    * In Mozilla Thunderbird, spam messages are moved to a Spam folder, located in the Trash folder. The Spam folder is created during the installation of BitDefender.

Best regards,

I use Thunderbird and there's not been a spam folder created in the trash folder,perhaps this is why spam gets through and is still appearing in my inbox.

I've now created a Spam folder in the Trash,so I'll see what happens.

Allan

• I've now created a Spam folder in the Trash,so I'll see what happens.

Allan

Hmmm...I made the Spam folder in Trash but when I go to "Empty trash" it deletes the folder as well. So that didn't work.

Allan

• Hi Allan

Please move the Spam folder from Trash and the filter will function correctly.

Thank you.