Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bis 2012 Crashes After Some Time Of Playing A Game

Options
Hello!

I'd like to report an issue,which I encountered about a week ago. I am sorry if my English is bad and if a similar topic exists in the forums.

I've already used supporttool and sent reports several times,but I still see no answer in my e-mail inbox and any support tickets at my Bitdefender profile.

So,the problem goes off in this way:I turn on BIS 2012 Game mode manually-> I start any game ->I play it and approximately after 10 minutes of playing(even less),the BIS 2012 tray icon becomes grey with the corresponding description"Bitdefender services are not responding.....".BIS 2012 restarts itself(an error message appears-depending on time of playing more such messages may appear)I quit the game and then BIS 2012 works with no problem until the next start and playing of a game(and starting the game mode)....

I've not detected problems with any other full screen applications(movies etc.)yet.

I am going to attach 2 pictures to get an idea about the issue.

If someone from the technical support decide to reply this topic and needs more info about my pc configuration or anything else,I will co-operate.

I've already reproduced the issue with BIS 2012 supporttool.exe and uploaded an archive to sendspace .

I hope that a solution for this problem can be found,because when I was using BIS 2011,there weren't such problems and even in game mode BIS was ensuring a minimal defence during playing.

Regards

Comments

• Hello!

I'd like to report an issue,which I encountered about a week ago. I am sorry if my English is bad and if a similar topic exists in the forums.

I've already used supporttool and sent reports several times,but I still see no answer in my e-mail inbox and any support tickets at my Bitdefender profile.

So,the problem goes off in this way:I turn on BIS 2012 Game mode manually-> I start any game ->I play it and approximately after 10 minutes of playing(even less),the BIS 2012 tray icon becomes grey with the corresponding description"Bitdefender services are not responding.....".BIS 2012 restarts itself(an error message appears-depending on time of playing more such messages may appear)I quit the game and then BIS 2012 works with no problem until the next start and playing of a game(and starting the game mode)....

I've not detected problems with any other full screen applications(movies etc.)yet.

I am going to attach 2 pictures to get an idea about the issue.

If someone from the technical support decide to reply this topic and needs more info about my pc configuration or anything else,I will co-operate.

I've already reproduced the issue with BIS 2012 supporttool.exe and uploaded an archive to sendspace .

I hope that a solution for this problem can be found,because when I was using BIS 2011,there weren't such problems and even in game mode BIS was ensuring a minimal defence during playing.

Regards

thanks for posting this.

I must say i have the exact same problem when i try launching Counter Stike 1.6. My PC even freezes before Bitdefender crashes. This only started happening when i updated to the 15.0.27.340 version. Or so i think. IT wasn't doing that the week before for sure. So maybe one of the latest updates has an issue and a fix needs to be released.

thanks for reading this

• I've already used supporttool and sent reports several times,but I still see no answer in my e-mail inbox and any support tickets at my Bitdefender profile.

Would you please post those ticket numbers for BD tech support on the forum to reference.

Thanks,

• Unknown
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hello,

Click on 'View Files' then go to the location mentioned there. Send me the DMP files for analysis. You can upload them to any files sharing website such as: Sendspace.com ; Rapidshare.com ; Mediafire.com etc.

Do you have AVC enabled ? Do you have Paranoid Mode enabled? Please check the build again, you can't have 15.0.27.340 as the latest version released is 15.0.27.338.

Also include any ticket ID you have open with us.

• bo7rso0n
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Would you please post those ticket numbers for BD tech support on the forum to reference.

Thanks,

Hello,

As I already mentioned I didn't receive any messages from the Bitdefender support team to my email address(I checked my spam folder and so on...),related with exactly all of these cases of reporting. But yesterday, after I sent a report directly to http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html, I received a message from the support team about an opened support ticket with a TicketID: 201109131043158.

I say over and over again, I did not receive any mail by the support team after sending reports through the supporttool or the generated report wizard(see the picture).

Hello,

Click on 'View Files' then go to the location mentioned there. Send me the DMP files for analysis. You can upload them to any files sharing website such as: Sendspace.com ; Rapidshare.com ; Mediafire.com etc.

Do you have AVC enabled ? Do you have Paranoid Mode enabled? Please check the build again, you can't have 15.0.27.340 as the latest version released is 15.0.27.338.

Also include any ticket ID you have open with us.

Hello,

• I could send to you an older BDSP archive(from the day before yesterday), but if you insist I could reproduce the issue again and sent to you a new archive.

• I downloaded the program from here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27870. I hope this is the actual version?!

• During game mode,AVC is enabled, paranoid mode is off, automatic update is off as it usually should be. When I manually turn game mode on in order to play I do not do any changes manually. I turn paranoid mode on after closing "game mode" and the game.

• I have opened only a ticket with TicketID: 201109131043158.

Regards,

P.S.

Today I decided to perform a clean reinstall of the program using the bitdefender uninstall tool and a program from the mentioned download links. I did it and started testing it in initial,primary configuration by default(with autoscan mode enabled and the other basic default features). I only turned “automatic game mode” on manually, nothing more… Nevertheless, I encountered the same issue after launching and playing Counter strike 1.6 for a little while,but this time without a report wizard on my desktop generated. I am going to reproduce the issue with the support tool and send the BDSP archive to DanyDan. I am left with the impression that ,as SavSNT mentioned, this problem is quite recently met. I have never had such problems before a week or 2 weeks ago.

I hope that I gave enough comprehensive information!

• bo7rso0n, i suppose you received an email from the tech department too.

apparently, there is a problem with the httpvs10xu.dll

Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012 folder.

7. Locate the file "httpvs10u.dll" and rename it to "httpvs10u.dl_"

it solved the problem for me.

peace

• Yes, man, that is the solituon.It worked for me too.

Regards

• Hello!

I'd like to add an information. The modifying(renaming) of httpvs10u.dll solved the problem, but for awhile. I was advised by Bitdefender customer care personnel, I am citing:

"1. Open the Bitdefender > Settings

2. Go to the "Update" module

3. Select "Prompt before downloading

9. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the

Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace

the file you renamed in Safemode."

Of course, I was implementing the recommendation, but nevertheless, the known problem appeared again just today,approximately before an hour. I checked the content of my Bitdefender folder and found there "httpvs10u.dll" despite the recommended manual configuration of Bitdefender update(updating only Virus signature,prompt before downloading). How come? Please, produce a fix, or give me an advice how to proceed! This problem becomes boring and annoying....

Regards!

• Hello!

I'd like to add an information. The modifying(renaming) of httpvs10u.dll solved the problem, but for awhile. I was advised by Bitdefender customer care personnel, I am citing:

"1. Open the Bitdefender > Settings

2. Go to the "Update" module

3. Select "Prompt before downloading

9. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the

Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace

the file you renamed in Safemode."

Of course, I was implementing the recommendation, but nevertheless, the known problem appeared again just today,approximately before an hour. I checked the content of my Bitdefender folder and found there "httpvs10u.dll" despite the recommended manual configuration of Bitdefender update(updating only Virus signature,prompt before downloading). How come? Please, produce a fix, or give me an advice how to proceed! This problem becomes boring and annoying....

Regards!

don't select auto pilot for it will choose the software update too.

and i have one piece of advice. Return to the 2011 version. It's a shame because i think the 2012 version has a lot of good ideas but really it has so many problem right now, with flash video lags, issues with the game mode that does not automatically sets itself up, scan of the port of my router (?) and other things...

• I don't use autopilot, but the issue persists. Thanks for the advice, you are right about the BIS 2012 defects.

• Unknown
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hello,

The fix will be release very soon however can't provide you with an exact ETA. To keep the file you renamed and not being re-written into your PC upon updating BitDefender 2012 through the update process, you can manually rename the following XML file:

update_components.xml

found in the BitDefender installation folder: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012.

You will need to edit the following line and replace the '1' with a '0' (zero):

<Product enabled="1" name="00010001000600010002000600060001" type="0" id="-1" VerifyPatches="1">

and modify it to:

<Product enabled="0" name="00010001000600010002000600060001" type="0" id="-1" VerifyPatches="1">

The changes must be made in Windows safe mode as the file is protected. NOTE: all product updates will be disabled. You can re-edit the file when I will announce the fix release. I will let you know via this topic and via email.

Regards,

• OK, thanks! I'll follow your instructions.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi bo7rso0n

Do you still need assistance on this issue?

Thank you.

• Hello

I think the problem has been solved with the help of the latest product version. The issue hasn't been occurred since BF 2012 was updated to the latest release.

Thanks

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I declare this topic closed.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.